Fancy Guppie Breeding!

Female guppy fry will be slightly more round bodied and will have a dark gravid spot after eating

male fry will be thinner bodied and have no gravid spot.

She gave birth to the baby guppies cause she's not all fat anymore

Female guppy fry will be slightly more round bodied and will have a dark gravid spot after eating

male fry will be thinner bodied and have no gravid spot.
Thanks!
She gave birth to the baby guppies cause she's not all fat anymore

COOL! Congrats, grand-fish-mother, on your grand-guppies! lol!
There are three fish they are shaped like V's it's super weird
I have had some like that a while back, they have something wrong with them i think... Mine lived for quite a while though...

OMG!!!!!!!! Sydney is having her babies right now!!!! So far there are 4! I separated her from the four so she won't eat them, and we are going in a few min.s to go get some plants to put in with her!!!! YAY! Any name requests???

I GOT PIC.S!!!! YAY! so far, (throughout the whole day, she started having them at like 10 am.) there are 8 babies!!!! & I'm pretty sure there are more in her!!!!
celebrate.gif
Good job so far Sydney! They are absolutely beautiful if I don't say so myself!!! They are healthy (as far as I can tell) and swimming around like they were pros! We also got a new upgrade to the tank, a divider! There are two floating nets on the mama side, one has Mini and Mel in it. (Mini is already pregnant...
idunno.gif
) and the other has Sydney, and will have her in it for another day or so till she's done having babies... Lola and Mamie I let go on the mama side. They love being free! They look sooooooo much happier since I let them out! The babies are on the other side of the divider. I put them on the side with the heater in it, I know that it still heats the whole tank, but still, I assume that it is warmest right by it. Idk. anyway, and there are lots of plants on the mamma side, just in case they start labor when I'm not here. As soon as they look like they are starting, I will put them in the birthing net. Then separate the babies from the mom every couple of hours. (Like I did today) I'm planning on TRYING to keep the different batches separate from each other, but that might prove difficult. If they are not too far apart, I won't even try, it's just too much work. I am already questioning myself of "What did I get myself into???" But my 9 turning 10 year old cousin's b-day is on the 19th of Jan. so I will talk to her mom about some baby fish in a 5 gal. tank. The tank kit and babies would be our gift to her. I hope her mom says yes to get 2 or 3 babies off my hands.
fl.gif

I'm asking around to sell the babies when they get big and I see what they look like and which ones I wanna keep. The 3 mothers (original) I will keep forever, and Mini too, cause she's so darn cute! Lol, I'm a softie for cuteness! What can I say? Anyway, without and further adue, here are the pic.s as promised!

Sorry they aren't that great, but they WILL NOT hold still! LOL! I like the 4th one the best!

Congratz on the new babies! if you keep mom away from other males, she will still continue to have a litter of fry every 4 weeks for the next few months.
when you put her back in with a male donot be suprised if the male goes crazy chaseing her all over the place, once a female gives birth the males can smell it and all go crazy trying to mate with her.

Quote:
are you talking adult females? many times older females will become "crooked" after having a litter, it happens when they become too old and once it happens they normally do not have another litter before they pass away.

if your talking about young guppy fry, its a common problem called "bent spine" while its not lethal in itself and guppies can reach adulthood with bent spines, oftentimes they simply die before then and if they do make it into adult hood they are normally thinner and less hardy/active and never birth any fry or are able to mate to a female.

Swimalot hehehe or eatelot
Lol! I like that! I'll name the fattest one Eatelot and the fastest one Swimalot! haha!
Congratz on the new babies! if you keep mom away from other males, she will still continue to have a litter of fry every 4 weeks for the next few months.
when you put her back in with a male donot be suprised if the male goes crazy chaseing her all over the place, once a female gives birth the males can smell it and all go crazy trying to mate with her.

are you talking adult females? many times older females will become "crooked" after having a litter, it happens when they become too old and once it happens they normally do not have another litter before they pass away.

if your talking about young guppy fry, its a common problem called "bent spine" while its not lethal in itself and guppies can reach adulthood with bent spines, oftentimes they simply die before then and if they do make it into adult hood they are normally thinner and less hardy/active and never birth any fry or are able to mate to a female.
Thank you sooooo much for all the info! I know who to come to with questions. I had one fish that was bent like that, she lived for about a year and a half. She was pretty healthy but couldn't really swim good though.

Last edited:
Charity, do the babies look healthy to you? If it's okay, I'll keep posting pic.s every week or so to see if they still look good, i would appreciate it a lot! I want what's best for the babies...

Back
Top Bottom