Fancy Pigeons Thread!!

My dad and I have decided to go ahead and start out with our very first pigeons. He likes the Vorcroppers, I like the Jacobins - can we have two pairs (two males) together in the same pen and keep them show quality?

My dad and I have decided to go ahead and start out with our very first pigeons. He likes the Vorcroppers, I like the Jacobins - can we have two pairs (two males) together in the same pen and keep them show quality?
Do you mean a pair of jacobin and a pair of voorburgs together? If your preparing for a show you isolate birds if thats what you mean. But if you mean will they crossbreed, yes. Pigeon do mate for life but infidelity does happen. As far has keeping those to breeds in the same pen, the pouters are very active, strutting, cooing. They are great fun to watch. Jacobins really need to be kept as individual pairs. I have been told they are rather territorial. There is alot of work to get them ready to breed. Pouters will lay eggs like crazy but some are more interested in breeding and driving(calling a hen to lay an egg) than actually setting or raising. As a whole the voorburgs are quite fun. And they fly well too. One important thing to remember in pigeons is research, research, pick your breed in person(pics never compare to in person) and then dedicate your coop/loft/pens to that breed. Pigeons are great fun. If you like jacobin, also look up Old dutch capuchine. I have had them, their fertility and parenting is much higher than jacobin.

Hello..

need some help if anyone can.... Looking to get pigeon eggs, colorful ones nothing special... like a dozon at at time

willing to pay for shipping, and plus.. please email me at [email protected] any info Thanks

Well I went to the poultry auction today & I ended up fallling in love with these purdy pigeons! I do not know what they are but I am sure you guys do!
I was planning on building a flight pen, and let my 7 year old daughter help care for them.

Back
Top Bottom