Fancy-schmancy brooder Delux

froggiesheins

Crowing
10 Years
Oct 14, 2010
Jurupa Valley, CA
I wanted to share this with all you chickie lovers! My extra fancy-schmancy brooder delux!
I had a drysink in my living room and I made a frame for it, put cardboard on the sides, put the little "bedroom" w/ heatlamp inside the box. Put a layer of plastic on the bottom and shavings on top. At first I covered it all with plastic to keep the entire area warm, but Beep is 1 month so there is only heat in the box. His toys inside the box are: a mirror, 2 fake birdies w/feathers on them and a tunnel, just big enough for him to crawl into, I made w/ cardboard and covered it with polar fleece. On the floor of the box I put feathers I gleaned from the chickens at the stables where my horse lives. I glued then to cardboard. And, a roosting pole. I also have a dimmer switch so I am starting to turn down the heat on him. I got just a wee bit carried away, but he is an only child.
love.gif

69838_chickens_033.jpg

Thank you! My Beep is so content in there, I take him/her out at least 2-3 times a day, but never cries when I put him away. I have a 4 month old Serama hen he plays with on his outings..

Back
Top Bottom