1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Farm BOOKS!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Cindiloohoo, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Please just PM if interested in any of these. Shipping media mail for each will be $3. I will combine shipping if interested in more than one or sell all together for a bit less. If you would like a faster shipping service, let me know. I have decided to whittle down my book collection, as I am running out of room to keep them all!!! These books have served me well and enhanced my knowledge of the basics of keeping my little farm going well. Even if I weren't selling them I highly recommend each one, for various reasons!

[​IMG]
    Basic butchering of Livestock and Game by John J. Mettler Jr., DVM
    Retail price $16.95 condition NEW asking price $11.

Outlines butchering of all livestock and game with illustrations, and recipes. 192 pages.

Condition listed as new. I have had this book for a few months. It is very helpful in learning to butcher all kinds of livestock and game. VERY helpful illustrations, I loved it! Now it needs a new home [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens by Gail Damerow
    Retail price $18.95 condition GOOD asking price $12.

Outlines care, feeding, and housing of chickens. Also has chapters on types, combs, buthchering, caponizing, and how to choose a breed for your purpose. Very thorough intro to chickens. Illustrated. 341 pages.

Condition listed as good due to page corner wear from reading it SO much! To say this book was helpful is an understatement.

[​IMG]
    The Joy of Keeping Farm Animals by Laura Childs
    Retail price $14.95 condition NEW asking price $10

Outlines basic necessary knowledge for keeping chickens, goats, pigs, sheep, and cows. Illustrated. 238 pages. I JUST bought this book the other day, so it's fresh off the shelf. It is great in detailing the differences between different livestock and housing/feeding needs. Great resource for a hobby farmer.

Condition listed as new, because I settled on this book literally last week when they did not have the one I really wanted in stock...then I found the one I wanted tonight. So, needless to say I have no need for this one now, and am too lazy to look for the recipt to return it. [​IMG] I cracked it open one time, it still smells like wet ink!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by