Farm chatter

82A4D7A9-750E-407D-AEB7-5A85BA632D72.jpeg
B4E2C8E4-A272-430C-939E-639336D8163D.jpeg
FBCFB05B-68EF-45E8-BF7A-B7E75FE2913A.jpeg

We did a whole lotta arguing, thinking, changing our minds, and confusing ourselves yesterday. We still haven’t gotten anywhere, but we came to the conclusion we will just put the pond inside the run. None of us can build anything for the lives of us so it would just be easier to have it inside the actual run and not in an extension.

We also decided we can’t afford to build or buy a coop so we will have to either recycle something (the haunted coop) or build the run against the barn and use one of the horse stalls as a coop.

the issue with that is the only side of the barn with room for a run is where the old chicken run was, and from the years of keeping them there we’ve found that that spot gets very muddy so we would have to make a raised space for the run to go.

We did a whole lotta arguing, thinking, changing our minds, and confusing ourselves yesterday. We still haven’t gotten anywhere, but we came to the conclusion we will just put the pond inside the run. None of us can build anything for the lives of us so it would just be easier to have it inside the actual run and not in an extension.

We also decided we can’t afford to build or buy a coop so we will have to either recycle something (the haunted coop) or build the run against the barn and use one of the horse stalls as a coop.

the issue with that is the only side of the barn with room for a run is where the old chicken run was, and from the years of keeping them there we’ve found that that spot gets very muddy so we would have to make a raised space for the run to go.
Maybe use the haunted coop? Is it a coop/run combo, or just a coop? If it's a combo, you could probably modify it into being entirely a coop.

Maybe use the haunted coop? Is it a coop/run combo, or just a coop? If it's a combo, you could probably modify it into being entirely a coop.
It’s a combo. I bet I could modify it but look at the inside...
8095AAD0-07A6-491A-85EB-E5B0E9B45A89.jpeg

The interior is completely unsalvageable. It would need a lot of work and my family cannot build anything. We simply lack every skill required. 😂

It’s a combo. I bet I could modify it but look at the inside... View attachment 2559454
The interior is completely unsalvageable. It would need a lot of work and my family cannot build anything. We simply lack every skill required. 😂
Well, in theory, you'd be taking out the floor, you wouldn't need the roost, and without the floor those nest boxes would be too high anyway, so you'd take those out and cover up the hole with wood. You'd put some on the new floor, which would just go on the ground. Instead of hardware cloth on the run walls, replace with wood, and put a pop door in one.

Back
Top Bottom