Farm chatter

If by rescue you mean purchase, then you're just furthering his business of mistreating them.
In my case with the button quail, it would have been rescuing. I highly doubt that bird is still alive. It most likely passed away from injuries, or the seller culled her. The quail was stumbling around and falling over, I thought it would be dead every time I walked back over there.

In my case with the button quail, it would have been rescuing. I highly doubt that bird is still alive. It most likely passed away from injuries, or the seller culled her. The quail was stumbling around and falling over, I thought it would be dead every time I walked back over there.
That case is equally as disturbing. The guy had Ring necked Pheasant in a cage that had feathers missing, & wounds.

Hey, guys, good news! There is one fewer possums in the world. WARNING: Kinda brutal story...

So tonight, like usual, I went over to my chicken coop to do the nightly chores, and close the ladies up for the night. As I'm about to enter the henhouse, I see something move near my chicken's fence. I looked to see what it was and saw a horror. A possum. I stood there thinking what to do for a few seconds, then made up my mind. I went and grabbed my shovel a couple yards away, and took off running into the chicken pasture after the possum. He ran, and got through a hole in the deer netting and into a treeline along the gravel road leading to some of my neighbor's houses. I stood in the pasture for a while, thinking and praying that he would come back so I could get him, but, he didn't show. So, I turned around and headed to the milk house and told my dad about the possum, to which my youngest brother replied I'll kill it! My dad said he probably climbed up a tree. I wanted to kill that possum bad. Just a couple weeks ago my neighbor got 4 of his chickens killed by a couple of possums. So, I grabbed a flashlight and headed out to my chicken yard and saw the possum in a tree. He was the perfect hight to wack out of the tree, but I was on the wrong side of the fence. I went and got my brother, and a baseball bat. He and I headed up a small trail to the tree. He handed me the bat, and by the help of God, I was able to hit him square on his head in the first wack and seemingly knocked him out. I knocked him out of the tree, and continued to hit his head. After some wacks I asked my brother do you think he's dead? And he told me if I didn't think so to keep on hitting. I said "I hate possums!" And continued the process. We went and showed my prize to my dad. Thank God I was able to get him!

Back
Top Bottom