Farm chatter

you can quarantine but they can still be carriers
I always worry about this. Like sending my healthy-looking chickens off to someone else's flock. Even though my flock shows no indication of being ill, I would just feel awful if they did carry something. Game chickens are a bit heartier than others because they've been breed more for vigor than for egg laying or giant breasts, so like.. what if they carry something that doesn't affect them but does affect some of the less robust chickens? & I'd never know since I only have robust chickens

I always worry about this. Like sending my healthy-looking chickens off to someone else's flock. Even though my flock shows no indication of being ill, I would just feel awful if they did carry something. Game chickens are a bit heartier than others because they've been breed more for vigor than for egg laying or giant breasts, so like.. what if they carry something that doesn't affect them but does affect some of the less robust chickens? & I'd never know since I only have robust chickens
Yeah that’s scary :(

She has those too! They're so cute.
technically bad as she's not laying but I see it as just how it is lol. she wants to be broody and I'm trying to break her. I've never done it before.

i can't just have infinity chickens lol
Yes you can! People will infinity need food... (That word doesn't work there but I'm still rolling with it 😂)
I've had some in the past, as well as 2 right now. The ones in the past were absolute jerks. Pecked the feathers out of my EE's glorious beard.
These 2 current ones are to low on the pecking order to be punks XD. One's a cockerel. I would keep him if I already didn't have a bunch XD

He's gorgeous.
I love him.
I want him.

*bows* XD

*adds him to the kidnapping list*
Were your Wyandottes hatchery quality? It really affects their personality. Every good quality Wyandotte I've ever met had been a docile doll.
That’s your rUn?!?!?
No no... It's the The Phantom's (BYC member)
I dream of having a run like that. This is one of my current runs... Pretty lame 😂
image000000_23.jpg

Edited to add pic.

Back
Top Bottom