Farm chatter

I have decided to start back up on my crocheting!!! However, I want to be able to consistently use the same color of yarn every time. It's $30 for one skein of mediocre acrylic yarn (not fancy, but not crappy) in every color of the rainbow. I'm going to guess that I'll get 10 (or more) toys out of each skein, depending on the color. I think it'll take me a year or more to make everything before launching the shop. I'm going to guess that each cat toy costs about a dollar to make, based on the price of the yarn, and I'll time myself making them so that I can see how much work goes into them to price accordingly. Here are the 'prototypes' I made a while back for some of them:
Fish:
IMG-0920.jpg

Mouse
Large-pink-mouse.jpg

I don't have a side shot of the mouse, but it's pretty much round with a nose.

I have decided to start back up on my crocheting!!! However, I want to be able to consistently use the same color of yarn every time. It's $30 for one skein of mediocre acrylic yarn (not fancy, but not crappy) in every color of the rainbow. I'm going to guess that I'll get 10 (or more) toys out of each skein, depending on the color. I think it'll take me a year or more to make everything before launching the shop. I'm going to guess that each cat toy costs about a dollar to make, based on the price of the yarn, and I'll time myself making them so that I can see how much work goes into them to price accordingly. Here are the 'prototypes' I made a while back for some of them:
Fish:
View attachment 2496818
Mouse
View attachment 2496821
Here's an octopus:
octo.jpg

This one I messed up and it only has 6 'tentacles'. It's also not filled with catnip. I won't use the safety eyes on the cat toys, I'll just stitch them.

Fish:
View attachment 2496818
Mouse
View attachment 2496821
Here's an octopus:
View attachment 2496826
This one I messed up and it only has 6 'tentacles'. It's also not filled with catnip. I won't use the safety eyes on the cat toys, I'll just stitch them.
aww theyre cute! youre amazing! :love

Here's an octopus:
View attachment 2496826
I suggest making toys that have strands of strong hanging off. My cats are litteraly obsessed with yarn and they would love your toys if they had trailing string.

Back
Top Bottom