Farm chatter

Thanks!
Were any photos posted?
Blu Kote can be used on minor scrapes/wounds if that's all they have, it just makes it harder to see the skin because of the color.
Figuring out why she's being pecked is a good idea. Space issues, mites/lice?
If the hen is doing it to herself, then feather mites (depluming mites) may be a problem.
Sometimes it's a guess...

But his collar is like bright red tho, idk how it would work with thatView attachment 2611508
Very handsome.

8F7486C2-0143-4B0E-88FD-FDE57BB418E4.jpeg

I suggested a chicken apron to hide the wound on her back and let it heal. What do you think?
I think it would depend on what the wound looks like.
Most wounds heal better uncovered. An apron may help protect the skin after she's healed but even with an apron you will need to look at the skin several times a week.
I've used saddles and they have their place, but I checked the ladies 2-3 times a week to make sure there were no issues.

I think it would depend on what the wound looks like.
Most wounds heal better uncovered. An apron may help protect the skin after she's healed but even with an apron you will need to look at the skin several times a week.
I've used saddles and they have their place, but I checked the ladies 2-3 times a week to make sure there were no issues.
645A2523-1265-42E0-A53F-EBFB2082F73A.jpeg

Help to cover it so she can be left in with the others.

on todays episode of Petland, what are you thinking we have:

The kelpie.. oh no. View attachment 2611490

Aussiedoodle, literally the worst mix ever View attachment 2611491

WHY? AUSSIES? View attachment 2611494

OH. NO. View attachment 2611496

Why bad? these are puppy mill dogs who are going to be badly bred and have behavior issues, and the puppies are bought based on cuteness, so people will buy the cute merle dogs or the cute brown masked dog and bring it home, the dog tears apart the house and has endless energy, and then gets dumped :p
OH GOD!!!! All high energy, high drive working dogs, that are going to go CRAZY in an average pet person’s home and/or be dumped!!! Or put down for being aggressive when it bites someone because it’s poorly bred and socialize and untrained 🙄😭

And like..... I LOVE all these breeds but even I wouldn’t get a Kelpie or Malinois because I know I wouldn’t be able to handle one and that’s saying something hahah so for a pet person or some drunk college kid to go buy one? OH NO. 😭😭😭

Kelpies especially are Border Collies on crack 😂🤣😭

Back
Top Bottom