Farm chatter

ummm i think we paid 130$ per "package" which is 1 queen and 3 lbs of bees to go with her.

then you need boxes, lids, bottoms, feeder boards, feeders, SUGAR, frames, and beeswax. and a beesuit. the box stuff is easy to build though if you just get wood.

if you're patient, you can get one hive and then 'split' the hive - you do a specific thing that causes the bees to make a new queen, and then you can take her and some amount of bees and start a second hive. (if they split naturally, the original queen will leave with some amount of bees to find somewhere new & the other bees will switch allegiance to the new queen.)

and then you have 2 hives! (or you have a bee package to sell to someone else for $130 lol)
Soundsss complicated 😂

I know one day I will and probably so will my dad. He for some reason wants to be a beekeeper

ummm i think we paid 130$ per "package" which is 1 queen and 3 lbs of bees to go with her.

then you need boxes, lids, bottoms, feeder boards, feeders, SUGAR, frames, and beeswax. and a beesuit. the box stuff is easy to build though if you just get wood.

if you're patient, you can get one hive and then 'split' the hive - you do a specific thing that causes the bees to make a new queen, and then you can take her and some amount of bees and start a second hive. (if they split naturally, the original queen will leave with some amount of bees to find somewhere new & the other bees will switch allegiance to the new queen.)

and then you have 2 hives! (or you have a bee package to sell to someone else for $130 lol)
OMG ONE POUND OF BEES IS SO MANY BEES

this is a hive. the bottom box is where the queen lays babies, and you add additional boxes on top as the box below it fills up- with honey or wax or babies. or you can take out the frames and replace them with empty frames and eat all the honey.

20210411_164735.jpg

this box is a package of bees. the can in the middle is a sugar water feeder.
20210407_120115.jpg
20210407_120100.jpg
20210407_120053.jpg

here hes spraying the frames with sugar water because the bees like it
20210407_120004.jpg

Back
Top Bottom