Farm chatter

make smarter birds? lol
I was considering if maybe we could increase the height of the fence. the chickens more than likely only come in from one side but the peacocks can come in on any side and it's a big yard. I was wondering about electric fencing maybe. the kind we have would just electrify the top (or wherever we put the wire) but idk, if a bird lands on top and gets shocked, I feel like its 50/50 what side they fall back on in their panic. so I could just be trapping birds with dogs instead. but also I care a bit less about losing chickens than peacocks so idk if I'd go through all that effort to not peacock-proof it, yknow?
Birds don't like to perch on wire, right? Maybe add some sort of wire on top so the top is too skinny for them to perch on
SO is thinking about setting a trap for the dogs, like caging a chicken in their yard & having shock collars on them so when they go at it they can have the fear of God put in them. but that requires getting shock collars that actually work on long-haired dogs (we probably have them somewhere and just need to find and test them).
I think that that's probably not a good idea
I'm sure I'll think of something else to say the second I hit post. lol.

I mean they consider it their hard and something flew in :confused: that’s not really fair. I would get bird netting over the top or maybe they are bored? I’m sure you work them and stuff though but maybe they need more?

I mean they consider it their hard and something flew in :confused: that’s not really fair. I would get bird netting over the top or maybe they are bored? I’m sure you work them and stuff though but maybe they need more?
shepherds are hella smart, too, so I'm sure you could get them involved in a sport or something

Back
Top Bottom