Farm chatter

1620789129416.png

that's not a joke either
you literally have to make her sit if you tell her to sit. make her lay down if you tell her to lay down. she has to know that you will enforce whatever you told her to do. currently shes learned that she doesnt have to listen to you.

it sounds mean but if deacon doesn't sit when I ask him to, or lay down when I ask, I step on his leash. Puts pressure on his neck that only releases when he sits or lays down.

This way he learns that doing what I ask is not a choice.

OFC you can do this in other ways by just waiting for your dog to do what you want, but what I do is effective and it usually only takes one step on the leash before deacon snaps out of his stubbornness for the day

you literally have to make her sit if you tell her to sit. make her lay down if you tell her to lay down. she has to know that you will enforce whatever you told her to do. currently shes learned that she doesnt have to listen to you.
Yes I DO try to do that she’s just a difficult dog. I don’t think I’ve been hard enough on her.
My older Dog freaks me out because he understands EVERYTHING like I swear he understands English. I tell him to leave a room and he does, I tell him to go to a specific room and he does. Lots of other things. It’s so weird.

it sounds mean but if deacon doesn't sit when I ask him to, or lay down when I ask, I step on his leash. Puts pressure on his neck that only releases when he sits or lays down.

This way he learns that doing what I ask is not a choice.

OFC you can do this in other ways by just waiting for your dog to do what you want, but what I do is effective and it usually only takes one step on the leash before deacon snaps out of his stubbornness for the day
I just push his butt down but hes never on a leash anyway

Yes I DO try to do that she’s just a difficult dog. I don’t think I’ve been hard enough on her.
My older Dog freaks me out because he understands EVERYTHING like I swear he understands English. I tell him to leave a room and he does, I tell him to go to a specific room and he does. Lots of other things. It’s so weird.
what breed are they?
my dog knows the strangest things. like he knows not to throw up on my bed. he will literally move to the edge of the bed and throw up on the floor without getting off the bed.

Back
Top Bottom