Farm Fresh Difficult to Peel

If mine are at least a month old I don’t have an issue peeling them. The best peeling comes when you float them and the tip touches the bottom of the glass and they’re vertical.

Instant Pot - put in egg rack, add water to the point where it almost touches the egg, add eggs (that are at least 10 days old), press egg button (the 4 minute setting, I think)
~10 minutes later when the pot starts beeping
Release steam
Remove eggs and place in icewater bath
Mix 'em up in the water
Get crackin'!

That's the best way we've found to get consistently good results. And yea, very fresh eggs don't peel very well for some reason. Age them on the counter for a week or two and you will see much better results.

I’m so happy to finally have found a way to make hard boiled eggs that turn out every time and peel like a dream!
Simply crack the air cell side, roll on counter, and the shell just falls off😁
Egg age doesn’t matter.
Fill pot with however much water you need and add roughly a tablespoon of baking soda. Boil water, add eggs, boil on high for 12 mins(I like well done eggs because I can’t stomach goo🤢)
I like to let them sit for 5-10mins with the heat off just to really be sure they are cooked well. Rinse them with cold water, then ice bath them for 10-15mins. Or till the eggs feel cool/cold. The colder the egg the easier they peel.

I highly recommend Instant Pot for hard cooked eggs. I hate worrying about water temp and time and cooling off. Set the cook time for 5 minutes, and let it cool for at least 5 minutes (I once forgot them for 2 hours; they were fine). Fresh from chicken into the Pot, never mind ice bath. Just cooked or been in the frig a few days, it doesn't matter; they peel perfectly easy Every Single Time!

Back
Top Bottom