Farm innovations 4250 incubator

I have the 4250. Can anyone tell me what the black wire with the clear plastic square is for? It got caught in between the egg turner rows and caused the motor to begin over heating. Also, my internal thermometer (by the eggs) wasn't registering 99.5 (a couple of degrees low), so I tweaked the temp on the incubator until I got the right temp inside. This is what I'm supposed to do right? ( I'm a first timer). I'm thinking that the internal temp was low because we are in the middle of a major cold snap. The house feels a bit chilly these days.

I have the 4250. Can anyone tell me what the black wire with the clear plastic square is for? It got caught in between the egg turner rows and caused the motor to begin over heating. Also, my internal thermometer (by the eggs) wasn't registering 99.5 (a couple of degrees low), so I tweaked the temp on the incubator until I got the right temp inside. This is what I'm supposed to do right? ( I'm a first timer). I'm thinking that the internal temp was low because we are in the middle of a major cold snap. The house feels a bit chilly these days.
The black wire on the plastic square gives the temperature. The motor for the turner runs hot, unless it quit working it should be fine. I'm running my 4250 between 101 and 102 to keep it right at 100 on the internal thermometer. My 4200 I'm running at 96 to keep it at 100 on the inside thermometer.

Last edited:
The black wire on the plastic square gives the temperature. The motor for the turner runs hot, unless it quit working it should be fine. I'm running my 4250 between 101 and 102 to keep it right at 100 on the internal thermometer. My 4200 I'm running at 96 to keep it at 100 on the inside thermometer.

Awesome! Thank you. My 4250 is at 102 and I am getting exactly 99.5.... I'm pretty sure that the plastic square got caught and did not allow my eggs to turn on my last model. Everything was fine when I went to sleep, but When I checked it in the morning the incubator had stopped trying to heat and registered 140 degrees and the internal thermometer was maxed out. I accidentally burned myself on the egg turner motor when I opened it up. So maybe it was just a defective unit....

Awesome! Thank you. My 4250 is at 102 and I am getting exactly 99.5.... I'm pretty sure that the plastic square got caught and did not allow my eggs to turn on my last model. Everything was fine when I went to sleep, but When I checked it in the morning the incubator had stopped trying to heat and registered 140 degrees and the internal thermometer was maxed out. I accidentally burned myself on the egg turner motor when I opened it up. So maybe it was just a defective unit....

I'm starting my first attempt at incubating with the 4250 this weekend. I was worried about the motor, too.

The motor runs hot just having the turner plugged in and setting on the counter outside the unit when I turn the eggs for a day before starting the incubator. Once it is in the incubator with the heat on it is even hotter I can imagine it may be hot enough for a minor burn. Unless it isn't turning it is probably not bad. I believe it turns 6 times a day which would be once every 4 hours. So you're not going to see it turning by watching it. You could just take note of position over the course of the day before you put it in the bator. If it was legitimately then it is definitely bad, it may have just been the fact that it was the sensor was caught and may have been damaged.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom