Farm innovations 4250 incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by poultryman84, Mar 11, 2015.

1. abbevilleoz

abbevilleoz Overrun With Chickens

Dec 6, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Here's my earlier post:I called the manufacturer. She said the noise I'm hearing is normal. She also said the motor will feel hot but that is normal, too.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  2. mapleridge

mapleridge New Egg

Dec 4, 2015
    Michigan
    Did yours sound like a helicopter noise that is loud enough that you can hear it from the next room?

3. abbevilleoz

Dec 6, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Maybe not that loud. Make sure it's seated right and the screen under it, too.

1 person likes this.
  4. mapleridge

mapleridge New Egg

Dec 4, 2015
    Michigan
    Okay I will check! Thank you very much!

5. Shadow722

Shadow722 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2013
    Outlying Oklahoma City
    I have a 4200 and 4250. one egg turner is louder than the other. They're the same turner.

6. abbevilleoz

Dec 6, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    I just set mine last night and I can't hardly hear the turner this time . It was pretty loud last time. I'm thinking it's the wire screen underneath that causes undue noise. When I tested it out of the box it was on a table and not in the bator.

7. mapleridge

mapleridge New Egg

Dec 4, 2015
    Michigan
    My Turner is still noisy, but did seem to quiet down some after doing an eight hour dry run. It was just as loud with the metal screen in or out. Must just be the nature of the beast?!? If I manage to get a hatch I hope the chicks aren't deaf!! Lol

8. Grandma Buswalk

Grandma Buswalk Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2016
    Centralia, WA
    We just got a Farm Innovators 4250 and the temp soared to 120. I called the manufacturer and the representative said to get the black wire up so that it is at least 1 inch above the eggs. I used a twister tie and tied it up to other wires. I'm now waiting to see what happens.

9. abbevilleoz

Dec 6, 2015
    Upstate South Carolina
    Hmmm. That doesn't sound right. We've had two good hatches with ours, though.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  10. Grandma Buswalk

Grandma Buswalk Out Of The Brooder

Apr 5, 2016
    Centralia, WA
    This is my first time to try to hatch chicks. When I called the representative he asked if the black wire had a piece of plastic stapled to the end. It didn't. The end was resting on the screen. I guess that was the problem. I've monitored it now for over 24 hours and the temperature has held steady.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by