Farm innovations 4250 incubator

I just plugged a brand new out of the box 4250 in and am hearing loud noises out of the egg Turner! I can't believe it's normal... Sounds like a tiny helicopter is landing in there!

Here's my earlier post:I called the manufacturer. She said the noise I'm hearing is normal. She also said the motor will feel hot but that is normal, too.

Last edited:
I have a 4200 and 4250. one egg turner is louder than the other. They're the same turner. 

I just set mine last night and I can't hardly hear the turner this time . It was pretty loud last time. I'm thinking it's the wire screen underneath that causes undue noise. When I tested it out of the box it was on a table and not in the bator.

My Turner is still noisy, but did seem to quiet down some after doing an eight hour dry run. It was just as loud with the metal screen in or out. Must just be the nature of the beast?!? If I manage to get a hatch I hope the chicks aren't deaf!! Lol

We just got a Farm Innovators 4250 and the temp soared to 120. I called the manufacturer and the representative said to get the black wire up so that it is at least 1 inch above the eggs. I used a twister tie and tied it up to other wires. I'm now waiting to see what happens.

We just got a Farm Innovators 4250 and the temp soared to 120.  I called the manufacturer and the representative said to get the black wire up so that it is at least 1 inch above the eggs.  I used a twister tie and tied it up to other wires.  I'm now waiting to see what happens.

Hmmm. That doesn't sound right. We've had two good hatches with ours, though.

Last edited:
This is my first time to try to hatch chicks. When I called the representative he asked if the black wire had a piece of plastic stapled to the end. It didn't. The end was resting on the screen. I guess that was the problem. I've monitored it now for over 24 hours and the temperature has held steady.

Back
Top Bottom