Farm math?...

Haha that happened to me we started out with just 1 cat then we got 2 more then we got 5 rabbits Which turned into 12 quickly then we got a dog.........
clap.gif
Then we got quail and i think thats all (not including all the fish we've had)
thumbsup.gif
wee.gif

I'm pretty bad about rabbit math also, and turkey, and chicken math.....now I have my oldest son doing math also. I think I want pigeons, will that turn into pigeon math?

Yep it's farm math alright. We added 4 chickies from my Mom's house after the Bobcat got her last 2 bantams. He actually pulled down hardware cloth (the 1/2" x 1/2" stuff) and went through the top of the coop. She set the live trap and some jaw traps and he managed to take the bait and only lost a bit of hair to one of the jaw traps. I told her the cat has nine lives so she decided to give me her babies before the cat got them. Looks like I need to update my signature. lol So after the shipment comes in I'll have 17 chickies.
wink.png

Yikes farm math struck again!!! Okay so we have 16 total chicks (4 older ones outside with 12 week old chicks in brooder), 11 rabbits (5 between 3 months-3 years and 6 week old kits), 3 cats (only one inside), 2 Crested Geckos (both males and about the only thing we have here that can't breed), and a Ball Python. But I went to check out Craigslist because I lost the number for the guy that I was going to get goats from....
roll.png

Craigslist = bad idea and I'm thinking about telling my fiancee to block it on my computer (if it's possible
gig.gif
)

So now tomorrow we are getting a New Zealand doe in the morning (price = free) she is just over a year old and can be bred now (Yay more babies?!?! ) and we are going as a family tomorrow evening to look at a Border Collie cross dog that is a year and a half old ( $20 rehoming fee). It's not a for sure that we will be getting the dog but he is neutered, UTD on shots, kid friendly, loves other animals (including small birds and cats). But will be checking this out for ourselves to see if he will be a good fit.

Later this weekend I should be headed to another rabbit breeders house to pick up my tort Mini-Rex doe
celebrate.gif
then next week possibly 2-3 bottle baby Boers the actual number wwill depend on how many does I can get.
big_smile.png
Also in the works is a Cal buck of breeding age. And last but not least the 22nd my order of Bourbon Red turkeys come in!!
jumpy.gif

I'm glad my family loves animals as much as I do because that will bring us up to 49 or 50 by the end of this month.
ep.gif
hide.gif

Oh did I mention the Silkie x Cochin's ( 3 hens and a rooster) on Craigslist?
wink.png

Okay lets see if I can write what we have as of now : 3 dogs, 2 cats, 7 fish tanks, 4 indian runner X ducks, 2 blue splash indian runner ducks, 2 faw & white indian runner ducks, 5 brahma mixed layers, 1 mutt rooster, 1 black australorp mix rooster, 5 black sex link pullets, 6 golden comet pullets, 2 blue splash runner ducklings ( about 8 weeks), 6 easter egger chicks ( 6 weeks) , 1 red/brahma mix chick that i hatched ( 4 weeks), 7 barnyard mixed chicks born under a broody, 1 stubborn pot bellied pig, 2 nubian/la mancha mixed bucklings ( 11 weeks), 10 rabbits, 8 mini rex rabbit kits born a few days ago, 2 bantam chickens - ameraucana mixes, 6 runner ducklings and a bantam chick freshly hatched yesterday
smile.png

not to mention a 4 yo son & a 2 yo daughter - They make messes like the animals in the barn and another lil guy due around July 12th....what am I thinking? HAHA

Well at least I'm not alone sounds like you're in the same boat Cranberry.
big_smile.png

And Dreamer I will be adding them either later this year (if I can get babies) or next spring when I can order from the feed store again. I will make sure I have a swimming area for them cuz it's too hot in Texas not to have a swimming pool. Any particular breed of duck you would reccomend? And would it be alright to just have a couple of female ducks with no male?

Farm math is a serious addiction problem. I really need intervention ASAP. I fear for my life if I don't get help.
hide.gif

Below is what I have. And to think that I started off with only 25 chickens years ago.
118 Chickens & 35 baby chicks (and 20 eggs to hatch in the next couple weeks)
6 Bourbon Red Turkeys & 6 turkey poults (and 6 turkey eggs to hatch in the next couple weeks)
25 Muscovy Ducks & 45 ducklings (and about 40 duck eggs to hatch in the next couple weeks)
9 Geese and 4 gosling
24 guinea keets
4 Peafowl
7 Rabbits
9 Sheep
1 Goat
9 cats

I think that I can cure this farm math problem when I get my 2 Alpacas.
hide.gif

Last edited:
Funniest thing ever...when we were moving the "toddlers" to the big guy chicken barn my husband and I were saying how I want 4 ancona ducks to breed badly. But I said I woudl need more space. He said how come, I said well now we have 46 birds in here ( and I mean it took me 10 minutes to count them as well! )

Back
Top Bottom