Farm math?...

Farm math at it's finest we are now the proud owners of 4 silkie/cochin cross 2 month olds (3 hens and a roo) a new young Californian buck and a New Zealand brood doe!!

So the best part was I drove to pick up the chickens and well it just so happened she breeds rabbits too so I picked up a buck for my girls. And while I brought a dog carrier for the birds I wasn't expecting to need to transport anything else so they grabbed a Bud Light box and I stowed him in the passenger side floor board. Funny thing he loved the box and didn't leave it the whole ride home.
lau.gif
So I'm thinking of naming him Bud since he enjoyed the box so much.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Good name!
smile.png
What would be hilarious is if you had gotten pulled over - the look on the police officers face when he saw the beer box with a rabbit in it
gig.gif

LOL I didn't even think about that I'm sure that would be a story to take to the station.

"Well I pulled this girl over tonight for suspicious driving and she had an open beer 'container' in her car..... only problem was it was just the 24 pack box and it had a rabbit in it."

Bud is doing great though he's really interested in his neighbors my 4 new silkie crosses. They had the barns separated so this is the first time he's been able to actually see some of the other members of his old home. The little roo is crowing and he sounds like a kids toy halfway between a crow and a squeak toy sound. I think it's adorable and my fiancee got to hear it this morning too he smiled and gave me the biggest hug. He's so happy that we're starting a farm together.

And to get back on topic I added 3 Boers yesterday 2 does and a buck all 2-3 months old and cute as can be. We only have a car so I had them in the back seat in a large soft sided dog carrier with an old bath towel in the bottom. The made a couple little noises on the trip home but no bleating or screaming for their mamas at all. When we got home I grabbed the big doe, a friend grabbed the little doe (she's so sweet she can even be carried around like a baby and loves it) and left the little buckling to Kevin. Well he opened the door up for us before he went back for the boy and I assumed he would be able to carry him back with no problem..... Well so he picked him up and had the little boys head (with horns) in his face and he had his arms wrapped around the little bucks belly. So this little guy has his head free and all 4 feet so what does he do.... He starts kicking and thrashing his head cuz this ain't his momma picking him up and he is screaming to the world about this injustice. So I run to meet them cuz I hear him and I'm trying not to laugh my head off at the two of them I take the little boy from him and what did little bucky do... he stopped screaming and just relaxed while I held him.
lau.gif
gig.gif
My fiancee glared at me as I put him with the girls chuckling and of course our friend was rolling with laughter at this point. Fun fun day yesterday I guess that showed me Kevin needs a little more practice at helping with the animals. LOL

After settling them in I ran over to the feed store to grab some milk replacer for the babies and they finally had my NHR roo in so we came home with another chick bringing us up to 21 chickens total. Out of all of those 3 are roos though so the leghorn is going to Kenmore camp and I'll have to wait and see how the two other roos do when they are older. Now all I need is a couple more rabbits and my turkey chicks to come in and we're done... well unless I find a really good deal on some more babies to add....
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom