Farm name

CountryChick561

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 3, 2011
So I am looking for a farm name so I can build a website for my dad. I will just give you random information about our farm so you can get creative juices flowing.
wink.png

Heres a list of animals we have:
-horses (quarters and foxtrotters)
-cows (black angus and baldies)
-rabbits (hollands, hotots, and mixes)
-chickens (a ton of breeds)
-cats (mixes)
-dogs (german shepherd)
-etc (I think that should be enough;)

We have 2 acres as our "home base" and 20 acres for hay that we might possibly buy and turn into a farm.

We are planning on using the colors red or brown for our big barn, but we are using red and white for most of our other animal structures.

We have a small orchard with about 10 trees.

We have a large backyard garden.

We raise show rabbits, steers, and our horses are used for barrel racing.

We sell farm fresh eggs.

We have a white 4 rail fence around the perimeter of our "home base" and barbed wire around the 20 acres.

To get to the 20 acres you have to drive down a dirt road with huge open fields on both sides. (My personal favorite part about going there. <3 )

And thats all I can really think of. Thanks for any ideas!!!

You need to pick a name that has personal meaning to the family. Some use parts of mom and dads names. One uses the initials of all the family members if they make a word. SOme refer to a dream ideal. Some are funny.
You need to look internally into the family to come up with something that is special to YOU ALL. And it's not just this farm. The farm name goes with the people, not the land. SHould you ever move to another place, the animals go along so the name moves with them.

Do you have a special "feature" on your farm? Our driveway has Mulberry tress lining it, so we called our farm "Mulberry Lane Farm". But when we tried to make a website, that name was already taken. At the very back of our property, we have a cove with lots of hickory trees in it. So, we changed the name to "Hickory Cove Farm". If you have something like that, maybe a lot of a certain kind of tree/plant etc. you could do something like that. Do you have a creek or a pond nearby? If so, you could do "Running Creek Farm" or "Still Waters Farm". Perhaps a family name, like your last name. Just some ideas
smile.png

Adversity Acres, Mixed Bagge Farm, Horse Feathers Farm, Farmed up Beyond All Recognition, Animal Haus, Hoof & Claw acres, Noahs Ark, Flock N Herd, Quarter Horse Half Ass.

Ours is Alten Deutshcer Haus after the old germans who settled it.

Just some random thoughts. I think I need more coffee.

Last edited:
I really like Hoof and Claw Acres. I may change it around a bit if I choose it. I want to center it around my animals. They are the main part of our farm. I thought about in intials of the family but AKGL Farms are a bit of a mouthful. Oh and we also raise Bees!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom