Farm names...

We don't have a name. We haven't been able to come up with someting that don't sound stupid.
297.gif
Maybe you all can help.
computer3.gif
I'll give you a little history. We're 2 young
old.gif
grandparents ( late forties
connie_1.gif
and early fifties
2i8d4ao.gif
245.gif
) of 3 handsome grandsons
grouphug.gif
character0114.gif
www_MyEmoticons_com__fishing.gif
926.gif
nd we own 2 dogs a 13 year old chow mix and a 8 month old teacup chihuahua. The farm consists of Silkies, Quail, RIR's, Americauna's, Orphingtons and rabbits.

5yjbztv.gif
5yjbztv.gif
157fs837411.gif

Little Green Pastures

We googled farm names we liked until we didn't find one out there already. We wanted to make sure when they came looking they found US.

My friend gets calls from people who think she is a cattle ranch in Montana and they are a goat farm in Kentucky.

Quote:
What about Chowdowns farm?

I like it. Besides the dogs and cat, I think I may have forgotten the cat, the other animals are producing food. And my much loved old dog is in there too. She has helped me catch my splash Silkie roo twice. I guess she got tired of watching me chase him down. The first time he had ran away from home on his first adventure out of a cage and spent the night in the woods. I stayed up all night so I would be up when the roosters started crowing. I knew if he was still alive he would crow too. Sure enough he did. But he ran from me and was just about to get into some low lying brush which I would not have gone into for fear of snakes and she ran up and grabbed him by his tail and held him down so I could pick him up. She did it again when I was trying to catch him and was chasing him around and around the coop. I wish she would do that everytime we where chasing one down. She didn't hurt him at all andlet go as soon as I had my hands on him.
Thanks, I believe you found us a name.
woot.gif
:celebrate:clap

'Yote Run Ranch

The coyotes can be heard almost every night out here...
But it isn't really a ranch.... or a farm, even. It used to be, back in it's hayday, but that was so many years ago.... *sigh*

Moral of the story is, I just thought it sounded good.

Last edited:
Quote:
We don't really have a "Farm". But we raise farm animals for food and they have coops and pens. As soon as we can afford the fencing we're getting some goats, calves, and pigs. We live in a mobile home in the country and our spot of land isn't very big but it's owned by our brother n law and we have permission to use what we need of the woods behind us to raise the other animals we want. There are 5 acres in all but we don't need all that. We're not going to have lots of cattle or goats or a pig farm. Raise just enough so we can have 2 of each processed every year for our consumption. Not the public. That should be enough for the two house holds. WE also have quail, rabbits and chickens for eggs. Maybe if we could find a processor of poultry we would start some meat chickens too. Maybe next year we'll get in a garden. We failed to get one done this year. Too much got in the way and we never got to it. All we have are 2 Cherry tomato plants and a plum tree.
We have a spare bedroom that I use for the incubators we can use as a pantry for the jars of canned veggies and fruits. The food at the grocery store is getting obscene.

Ours is called The Last Straw Farm. I started it when I quit my job a few years ago and it was the last words I said before I wrote my notice. Actually, there was on extra word before Straw but it wouldn't be acceptable to include!
wink.png

Quote:
young grandparents with three grandsons...hmmm....maybe....The Swinging Tire...kinda cute...any yet....maybe it doesnt fit...lol

we are Red Turtle Ranch....i am american indian....DH has some tribal lineage also....but the other half is...we like turtles and i luv the color red...lol

Back
Top Bottom