Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by aoxa, Jan 30, 2013.

1. 3acres

3acres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    [​IMG]...Send Polly out, I'll put her on the pay roll....lol. You were probably giving her horsey rides on your leg in that one pic...without knowing it, you have been teaching her to be quite the horse riding chicken!...[​IMG].

I enjoyed your new pics!!! That's funny they ran out there, then turned around and came back....lol.

2. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    That looks like quite an adventure!
    You're right, you can never have enough bailing twine. It's like the miracle tool! That and duct tape. lol

That tree branch picture of your reminded me of "this one time....at band camp". LOL On a serious note. I was riding my friends horse, years back, out in the front yard. I thought we'd go on a trail ride but he thought he'd go back home...to the backyard where his friends were. So he spun around on me, like a cutting horse, and galloped off in less than 2 seconds. lol This horse is a Morgan/TB mix. Well, I stayed on just fine until he ran me into a tree. The tree branches were right at my chest level. All the horse did was put his head down and keep running. Needless to say, I hit the branch and fell off the horse at a very high speed. Into a HUGE pile of snow. Once I was able to make my way out of the snow, I had it inside all my clothes. It was everywhere. And there was that little stinker gelding, 20 feet away from me, just standing and staring at me. I shook off as much snow as I could, got back on, and went for a trail ride. [​IMG]
    Yup. Good old Pegasus.

And that last picture of yours. I think I'll start ponying our young horses. Seems like a good idea. Never done that before. Good to learn new things! [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] I love these pictures of yours!! LOL

3. Sanna

Sanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    Spitfire had her birthday today!! She is now 2 years old. [​IMG]So we fooled around a little bit and took pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Love the second one! Good pictures! :)

1 person likes this.
  5. SilkiesForEver

SilkiesForEver Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Sacramento, CA
    My goodness! She's lovely!

I love those two white marks on her bottom lip. They look like two teeth poking out. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. showbarnmom

showbarnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2012
    south central Texas
    My poor horse!! What have you done to her?! Apparently I am sending you boarding money for nothing! Lol I absolutely love your horses. Seriously. Am so jealous of that bays build. I'm in the market for a new horse. I want one built like that. I found a really pretty buckskin but the guy said she's super quick, and I've got kids that ride :/

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

3acres, what a wonderful way to get around your farm!

8. 3acres

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. 3acres

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    [​IMG]...yep, duct tape too!!!...[​IMG]. All repairs can be made with those two items!!!

[​IMG]....good thing you got serious....[​IMG]. That story was headed to get crazy...[​IMG]....[​IMG]. Funny story....[​IMG]. Sorry for laughing...lol. I could picture the whole thing...[​IMG]. Way to get right back on and still go on the ride!!!....[​IMG]. I wish I was better at telling stories like you are!...lol. We don't get together much anymore, but whenever this one group of people and I get together to ride, I always end up sitting the wrong way facing backwards on my horse while we are riding and we all pretend we are in the spirit world like on Young Guns....lol. Shouting such things as....they can't see us, we're in the spirit world...or...hey dog, did you see the size of that chicken....lol. Ah, all the stories that come with horses....lol. I roped a tiny little bitty bush one time going at a pretty good trot down a rode thinking it would just come out easy when the rope came tight without dallying off to the horn.....darn thing ripped the rope right out of my hands....lol....little bitty thing that I shouldn't of even been able to rope, just got lucky....[​IMG].

Ponying is a GREAT thing to do, IMO!!! I pony the youngsters miles and miles and miles and miles and miles...lol....before I ever get on them. ....almost makes their first rides out in the open seem like you are on a seasoned horse....miles and miles of ponying....[​IMG]

Yeah, I used to draw all the time...[​IMG]. These are just quick little sketches using the cursor to draw. I'm surprised anybody can tell what I drew...lol. Maybe you guys can't tell what I drew...lol.

edited: Happy birthday, Spifire! Neat photos!....real pretty horse! The sunglasses are funny....[​IMG].

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  10. 3acres

Jan 19, 2013
    Missouri
    [​IMG]...showbarnmoms fault...had to be done...[​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by