Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

.... and the vet telling you she could foal in 5 days or 5 weeks. Boy, that is cutting it close. Maybe he's really a weatherman. I was born crabby (under the sign of the Crab) but, each decade I seem to achieve new heights - you know how it goes, do what you do well - that's me.

.... and the vet telling you she could foal in 5 days or 5 weeks. Boy, that is cutting it close. Maybe he's really a weatherman. I was born crabby (under the sign of the Crab) but, each decade I seem to achieve new heights - you know how it goes, do what you do well - that's me.
Well, the problem with not having an exact foaling date is that we have no idea when the mare was bred because she came to us from a feedlot. The signs that the mare is showing are 5 days to 5 weeks. I've seen a mare bag up in the evening, and the baby was there the next morning. And I've seen mares that bag up slowly and take the 5 weeks before the foal is born. I suppose it depends on the individual.
So I don't really blame the vet for giving us such a wide window because there's no way of knowing with this particular case.

Sorry for the photo dump! Haven't posted here in a while an we had a first hatch of some mutts this year (the chicks and the little group of cockerels and pullets) but super winter just meant myself and the adults hybernated haha

Please share how you did these shots? I'm guessing a white backdrop with some type of light source?
Love the eggs!

I have a light box I built :) you can find some cheap plans online and used LED lightbulbs for the lighting to get a white light. Did have to do some post editing to get the lighting whiter as well

Back
Top Bottom