farm store ducks

Our feed store only does chickens so the only place I see ducklings for sale is TSC about 45 minutes from us (we live in the middle of know where and the closest town has only 1,000 people in it) Most of TSC are mixed breeds, Muscovy, and pekins. I went there one day and they ended up just giving away 6 of them for free cause they weren't getting rid of them. Don't get me wrong I like TSC, but those poor ducklings were terrified, and barely had any water when I was there I actually asked them to give them more water (they did without any attitude). I just think if a store is going to do that they need to be prepared to take care of them properly. Our feed store does in amazing job with the chicks they sell every spring, they all look so healthy and happy when you go in there wish they do ducklings also but they don't sell as fast here.

All my ducks I have acquired by rescues. None are very friendly I can get up to about 5 feet from them and they run like I am going to kill them
smile.png
I think as long as you handle them from ducklings they should be a bit more friendly of course I have heard of them being friendly as ducklings and then as they got older they turned to being just scared!

I was also interested on this subject because I plan to get about 6 -8 ducks and I want 4-6 khaki Campbells and 2-4 pekins but I don't want to mail order in case of fatality but ducks are not as prone to die as chicks I guess I already live on a chicken ranch.
wee.gif
I am so exited!

Back
Top Bottom