fast growth

Quail37

In the Brooder
9 Years
Dec 8, 2010
is there any way to feed your quail and get them to butchering weight at an earlier age.. jus wonderin if iot would be economically smart to try or if it would cost more in the end..thanks

Game Bird Starter, Game Bird Starter, and top it off With Some Game Bird Starter.
smile.png

Gamebird starter unmedicated is good to go and then you can lower the protein after 9-10 weeks if you like, but for butchering that seems ideal.

Using Nutrena Gamebird Stater (30% protein) vs. Nutrena Gamebird Breeder/Finisher (26% protein) ............(in my opinion - which is what I feed) will only gain you a growth rate that can only be measured in 1/10ths of an ounce at best from birth to "butcher weight". That's too scientific of an advantage for this ol' guy! I may read a contradicting testimony after this post, and if so, more power to'ya for the extensive push for the extra 8 kilograms of muscle!!! Feed the high protein "starter" for the 1st 12 weeks or so to get them headed toward adulthood, then step down to a grower/finisher to top'em out.......(unless you want the extra protein to be beneficial during breeding season) ........ but........that's just ol' Randall jawin'..........
smile.png

Quote:
and some'a'that weight-liftin' protein powder in the pharmacy section at the ol' WalMart. I'm not gonna recommend (steroids
hide.gif
) cause some politician runnin' for the "House Of Quail" is prolly surfin', and will track me down and tar-n-feather me!

Back
Top Bottom