Fat bellied 1 yr leghorn with xrays

How's she's now?
@Saaniya
Thank you so much for asking! She is waddling around and much more active. We are moving her to a coop by the house so she will have her own close to us. She’s eating and pooping and isn’t laying. Her belly is still shrinking but she still walks like a penguin and with her legs far apart (cause of her belly). Not giving her antibiotics anymore just yogurt and the occasional calcium D13 (?). She seems ok but don’t want the others to pick on her. Will keep you updated.

Good to hear that she is still muddling along.
I would stop the calcium. If she is not producing egg shells she will not need it and too much calcium can cause other problems. If she was egg bound it would be another matter, but she has no use for surplus calcium especially if she is eating layer feed which already has a higher percentage of it incorporated into the formulation.

@rebrascora
Thanks so much! I really just want to be doing something to make her comfortable. Not sure what to do. We are not going the implant route.

@Saaniya
Thank you so much for asking! She is waddling around and much more active. We are moving her to a coop by the house so she will have her own close to us. She’s eating and pooping and isn’t laying. Her belly is still shrinking but she still walks like a penguin and with her legs far apart (cause of her belly). Not giving her antibiotics anymore just yogurt and the occasional calcium D13 (?). She seems ok but don’t want the others to pick on her. Will keep you updated.

I'm glad she's recovering & having life with her fellows I hope she your good care will give her life back yeah 2x keep us updated:hugs

Back
Top Bottom