Father Daughter breeding???

Even if it could make them retarded, how could you ever tell?
lol.png

Last edited:
Besides, have you never been to a county fair and seen the pig with 3 heads, the chicken with 2 beaks? I wonder what caused that?

I can certainly understand the reason for your question.
When you're new at anything, you have lots of them & even though some may be "old-hat" to long-time fanciers with years of experience, I could see myself wondering that same thing years ago. In fact, I probably did ask that very same question to the guy that first helped me get started.
There are no stupid questions & terminology is not what you were really asking here, though it is nice to have the correct word for something as you learn.
I think it was a fine question. After all, who would want to hatch out a three-headed chicken if the mating of two close relatives would cause that? But then again, Mike the headless chicken made lots of money for his owners. But that's another subject!
Good luck & keep asking whatever you need to know. It's obviously the only way we learn, except by mistakes & this way is easier!

Edited to remove answer because, due to the editing or removal of another post there is no need for it. Thanks to all hard-working mods--even when sometimes the posts being edited are mine!

LG

Last edited:
I have been toying with the idea of beginnig a thread on this very topic but since it seems to have landed here I will jump in again. Number one, I beleive that the OP was really just asking a question regarding inbreeding of animals. Good question and one that is asked often.

I think the wording used to ask the question is a symptom of the way this society has begun think about animals, particularly livestock and it is a dangerous path. If some have their way we will no longer "own" pets we will only be "caretakers" and the ramifications go on and on.

Seriously we need to consider the language and attitude we use as we continue to "own" livestock and pets.

I have not said this very well but feel very strongly that we can land in a bad place as we anthropomorphise our animals.

Thanks Chicklady, that was very nice. My Roo is out there dancing around, trying to impress her, and I'm thinking...umm...lol. The mother certaintly acts like she knows it's her baby - she tries to kill her at every turn!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom