Favaucanas - Boy or Girl?

Here are some updated photos of JoJo at 10 weeks old. I'm pretty confident she's female at this point. No copper whatsoever and her 'male' behavior really mellowed out as the boys got older and really started sparring.

Wahoo! I feel very lucky.
wee.gif

Fasschicks- How would you describe your Favaucana hen's egg color? I see that it is supposed to be sage green. Would you say that's accurate? Thanks in advance.

Mine hasn't started laying yet. She is only 18 weeks and her comb is very pale right now compared to the rest of my 18 week'ers. As soon as I have an egg, I will post it. Can't wait to see.

Fass

Mine hasn't started laying yet. She is only 18 weeks and her comb is very pale right now compared to the rest of my 18 week'ers. As soon as I have an egg, I will post it. Can't wait to see.

Fass

Now I'm excited for your hen to lay as well!

I have an update on 2 of my Favaucanas. The roo I had "Pretty Boy" - now aptly named "Cowboy" at his new home. He is doing great and sounds like he is very gentle with his girls and takes very good care of them. I was able to get a picture of him from his new owner. I wish I would have been able to keep him, but those are the rules. You can see his chick and 11 week old pictures in earlier posts.

My girl, Jazz, is pictured below. Out of 6 favacaunas, I only ended up with 1 girl. She lays a medium dark green egg about 3-4 times a week. She is a very vocal girl, but follows me around like a puppy.

She was out in the rain yesterday, so she looks a little "muddy".

Fass

Hey Fass. Love the update! AND I love your little Jazz's white beard. So adorable. If you'r'e interested in seeing my babies- I post videos of all my chickens (including JoJo the Favaucana) on my youtube channel, The Mustachioed Hobo, usually once a week or more. Do you have any pictures of these dark green eggs? I'm dying of curiosity.

JoJo was super social as a baby but as an adult she is incredibly mellow and is the very bottom of the pecking order. She doesn't get picked on very much it's just that she's so sweet she doesn't seem to care for fighting. As a baby though she play-fought all the time- especially with the boys.

I will also post eggs when I get them. She is 26 weeks or so but because of Winter I don't know that I'll see an egg before Spring. She has gotten pretty red recently though. :)

Back
Top Bottom