Faverolles Thread

The boys will look like a mess for quite a while. Here's one of my 14 week olds.

And Dad

I'll let someone more experienced comment on quality, but yours do seem to have an awful lot of white in the wings.

the Faverolles cannot really be judged for color until the adult plumage has come in. Juvi birds often are darker or lighter then they will eventually be- especially cockerels. My pullets are often so light as to appear to have almost no salmon color, they look like peroxide blonds, but they color up just fine when they mature. A dark hen can be used still to create rich colored cockerels- they are needed to keep the color saturation, it is good the person you got them from has some darker hens, otherwise all the cockerels produced might be washed out looking.

You guys are right about the colors changing a lot. I am hoping my one pullet will lighten up a bit she has some dark flecks in her chest feathers but has been lightening up a bit. So your birds colors could change a lot. They do look a little funny type wise. That last pullet seems to have a funny tail set. But its always hard to tell from pictures and that could change alot as they develop to.

Henry

yeah... thought so too about the tails but they could just be going through a gawky stage. Had a pullet a few years back that had a black beard... we called her "Black Beard the Pullet" LOL she eventually out grew the black beard, but was a dark girl, she made awesome sons color wise, but her daughters were smutty

yeah... thought so too about the tails but they could just be going through a gawky stage. Had a pullet a few years back that had a black beard... we called her "Black Beard the Pullet" LOL she eventually out grew the black beard, but was a dark girl, she made awesome sons color wise, but her daughters were smutty
Very true about the gawky phase. Could be that. I guess you will just have to wait and see how they develop. Yeah we will see about how she turns out. She only has a few black ticks in her beard and a bit of smutt on her chest and she is just about 8 weeks. So hopefully it turns out alright.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom