Faverolles Thread

Then how do you know they are of good quality? If you want hens only then just order from a hatchery.

And the answer to this question on another thread:

I know this is off topic, but is there any way to sex polish, silkies, faverolles, or cochins when they are a couple days old. Will probably be getting some more chicks on Thursday

is NO, NO, NO.

Silkies especially. I had a 7 month old "pullet" change gender on me.

Last edited:
Then how do you know they are of good quality? If you want hens only then just order from a hatchery.

And the answer to this question on another thread:
I know this is off topic, but is there any way to sex polish,
silkies, faverolles, or cochins when they are a couple days old.
Will probably be getting some more chicks on Thursday

is NO, NO, NO.

Silkies especially. I had a 7 month old "pullet" change gender on me.

All of their chicks have been good quality, so I expect these to be too. Thank you for answering my question, I guess I'll just hope for the best
roll.png

It's from my local farm store, It is a family owned store, and their chicks have been healthy, So I don't know where they get their chicks.
There are some great hatcheries if you are not specifically wanting breeder stock....I have noticed in the last group i have had in my incubator of Cloverleaf/Paso Fino stock that even the girls had the dark spots on their wings and only after a few weeks i was able to have a better idea....I would ask if they are straight run or sexed (still often there will be a male). If pullet, then i would get your desired number of chicks plus one and ask if there is a trade policy for males, even for other product. Good luck, eliz

There are some great hatcheries if you are not specifically wanting breeder stock....I have noticed in the last group i have had in my incubator of Cloverleaf/Paso Fino stock that even the girls had the dark spots on their wings and only after a few weeks i was able to have a better idea....I would ask if they are straight run or sexed (still often there will be a male). If pullet, then i would get your desired number of chicks plus one and ask if there is a trade policy for males, even for other product. Good luck, eliz

They aren't sexed, I don't care about them being breeder stock. I'll just have to hope for the best... Thank you for the advice, I will only be getting two more chicks, so I won't have much room for roosters. Wish me luck!!!

Back
Top Bottom