Faverolles Thread

I have 3 roosters and 3 hens. One of the hens I posted here with the roosters. She is much darker than my other two hens. Several people said she was a rooster, but I didn't really think so. She wasn't colored like the roosters. She was colored like a darker hen and yep ... she is a hen. I could be wrong, but yours looks like a pullet to me.
I figured it was a roo because of the black wings on the end. Oh well more eggs for me!
wee.gif

I think what you would look for is the black on the wing. Both sexes have it but the males have it a darker black and usually you can tell the difference at about 2 weeks I think.
You need to wait until the secondary wing colors emerge more on this chick.

I'm not a big fan of bantams, are there any LF out there? or is there a way to make bantams into LF?

Yes, there are LF Black Faverolles out there, as I've seen photos out on the web that are tied back to this site. Making LF Black Faverolles from bantams, whilst technically, genetically possible though selection, is for all intents and purposes not practical. Making them from scratch would be easier and it would still take years to perfect all the traits, allowing one to call it a truly "Black Faverolle".

My babies are two weeks old today. I am sure I have a Marius and a Cosette. I think I have a Fantine and a Eponine.

They are so sweet too. I have 2 day old Ameraucana chicks that are 1/4 their size. Put them together to see if I could brood them together. It was fine with everyone. No picking or pecking. The big kids accepted the little ones with out a flinch!!

Back
Top Bottom