Faverolles Thread

My 3 month old girls are mostly "clucking" instead of "peeping" at this point... Is it me, or do they sound more like ducks than chickens?

I don't have much to compare to, but the Sussex and Wyandotte that we have (roughly same age) sound more like what I expect a common chicken sound to be.

I don't mind, it's kind of enduring. One more layer to their 'uniqueness'. Just curious if this changes as they age?

i tried taking photos and they kept swarming on me so it couldn't be done
It's okay- mine run from the camera!
An adult SF rooster should have a black beard, but mine do seem to take longer to feather out than their hatchmates (mine are in with some EE's and Leghorn mixes) Males have a whole lot of feathers to grow.

It's okay- mine run from the camera!
An adult SF rooster should have a black beard, but mine do seem to take longer to feather out than their hatchmates (mine are in with some EE's and Leghorn mixes) Males have a whole lot of feathers to grow.
Most of mine do have dark beards when they have not been plucked and eaten by his girls…now they are sparse and white with black streaks. They still think they are handsome, vbg

[/IMG][/IMG]

I would like some honest opinions on my birds. Thanks.

@FVRMThanks FVRM. I have 6 of his chicks that I suspect are Roos in South Louisiana if anyone is interested. I haven't had much luck finding other breeders in my area. I started a Facebook group called faverolles fanciers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom