Faverolles Thread

Hi, at what age do salmon Faverolles pullets get their brown feathers? I have 2 SF and 2 whites, my supposed SF pullet has a little bit of grey on her wings and the rest of her is white, should she be like this at 5 and a half weeks?

What should I look for sexing my whites? I know that at 5-6 weeks I should be able to sex them, one of my whites has a slightly redder comb than the other, but not nearly as red as on my SF cockerel.
Thanks

@Brookshire11 I am located in south louisiana near Lafayette, If you don't find anything closer. I currently only have some rooster chicks available. My hens are both broody on a total of three eggs that they are sharing right now, but once they start laying again I will be back to incubating.

@Brookshire11 I am located in south louisiana near Lafayette, If you don't find anything closer. I currently only have some rooster chicks available. My hens are both broody on a total of three eggs that they are sharing right now, but once they start laying again I will be back to incubating.
Thank you!
That's not to bad of a drive from Houston, which I visit...
But a little more of a drive from home.

I'll keep an eye on this thread. If your girls start laying again before I find some, maybe I can plan a trip.
Unfortunately I'm in city limits, which doesn't allow roosters (Or I'd scoop one up just because they are so gorgeous!)

@Brookshire11 There is a lady in Norman OK that has some faverolles. I am from OKC and got a few from her. I dont have any intention to show but her parent stock was gorgeous.

@Brookshire11 There is a lady in Norman OK that has some faverolles. I am from OKC and got a few from her. I dont have any intention to show but her parent stock was gorgeous.
That's less than a 3 hour drive!
Do you have any contact info for her?
I don't plan on showing either.
I'd like to breed one day, so I'm trying to try out the different breeds before I decide to stick with one or two
smile.png

Backwards feathering?

This is seen in some females. I have 2 at the moment with the swept back neck feathers. I hope Peter doesn't mind me quoting him from the page he once had that described the differences between the French, German, British and US Faverolles.

However, the neck in the female is of considerable importance for the Germans. They should have neck feathers that distinctly go backwards, as if caught in a wind storm, or perhaps better described in my own words as wings that could help if they could actually fly.

Last edited:
One of my faverolles is limping. I don't know what happened but I noticed it today. It seems to be a sprained leg, there is swelling on one leg and it hurts when i touch it. Hopefully it will heal on it's own?

Back
Top Bottom