Faverolles Thread

I have a silly question, but how do you pronounce Favorolles?

I bought 5 bantam chicks from a local breeder, but unfortunately all died but one. I have zero clue if it's male or female, although I am leaning more towards girl. I don't really have any other bantams, save for 3 mismatched old english that are about 4 months old. (Well, I do have some silkie and cochin chicks and eggs coming along....but they are going to be for breeding.) This little gal is only 2 months old and still so tiny. I"m hoping to stick her in with the others once she gets big enough. If it's a gal. If it's a roo, I will have to rehome it because one of the old english is a roo and my BF's favorite. LOL! Wish I had a picture so I could get your opinion on gender. Will try to get one this weekend.
How old is your SF? When they start to feather out, the males will get a great deal of black on the breast and wings. The hens will show the salmon and white colors. If you can post a picture, we'll be able to tell you.
Good luck I hope it's a girl for you!

Quote:
LOL! Thanks for the clip! I may just call them Flavor rolls too now! Turns out I was close! The guy that sold them to me called them Favorites. LOL!

Quote:
Ah, well, I suppose mine is a boy then......he's darker colored. Boo. I will still get pics, just in case. Although I am not sure it was a Salmon......I think the guy said it was a Lavendar? Do they come in that color? Would it make a difference? LOL! Anyone in Middle GA want a bantam Faverolles cockerel? ;)

Where did you get the eggs from?
There was an older breeder who was selling SF hatching eggs- I drove over to her house to pick them up because she doesn't ship, but she had really nice looking birds. I might go get some more from her at some point, I think she was also selling Marans too.

hi all,I have loved and wanted the breed for a while and I finally got some
love.gif
the lady said they were blue but they don't look like the pics I have seen of the blues, I don't care much as they r just going to be pets! But here they are.

hi all,I have loved and wanted the breed for a while and I finally got some
love.gif
the lady said they were blue but they don't look like the pics I have seen of the blues, I don't care much as they r just going to be pets! But here they are.

I've never seen these. They look like they're birchen faverolles? the blue ones look like the salmon except where the salmon have black they have blue. Your birds look like a project, I might be interested in some eggs later on to continue this project.

Hi all,

I have 2 handsome young Bantam Salmon Favorelle cockerels. They are 16 weeks.

I would like to place them with 4H or FFA members. I think they are SQ. I cannot ship, so they must be picked up. I am in Central Florida, just north of Orlando.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom