Faverolles Thread

Opinions on Gender? I'm thinking this is a poorly colored pullet, anyone else? These pictures were taken when she was about 6 weeks old. Not at closet to 8 weeks she looks much the same, comb is very pale not like a roos at all.
Yes, that is a poorly colored pullet. Is she from Ideal?

This is my 3 week old Salmon Faverolle Charlotte, now that her feathers are coming in, she is looking rather dark and I am starting to wonder if she is a roo, her black feathers on her chest are my main concerns, anyone have any guesses? She came from Cackle Hatchery. Thank you!

On this picture you can see that she does have some peachy-colored wing feathers, this makes me wonder if she will lose the black feathers overtime?
I think Charlotte is a Charlie.

Thank you keesmom and Amelia Egghart, luckily we can keep him if he is indeed a rooster. I have heard good things about the temperaments of Salmon Faverolles roosters so I am not too worried, I just need to find him a different name...lol. Thank you!

Hi folks! A quick update on our “San Francisco Super Breed“ project
1f60d.png

Recap: We want to create a breed that is:
-super quiet (neighbors!),
-super friendly,
-good layers, laying often, all year round, and good sized eggs
-cold hardy (aka fog resistant)
-small-ish

Here's what we decided to go with in the end:
Faverolles (bantam)
Bielefelder (got a dozen directly from Greenfire, allocated one to this breeding program)
Swedish Flower Hens (got a dozen directly from Greenfire, allocated one to this breeding program)

We're hoping to cross these three breeds over several generations to benefit from hybrid vigor in addition to each breed's advantages.

First hatch due next week; we're really excited to see what comes out!!!

I'm a SF mommy again! I ordered two from My Pet Chicken. I LOVE the look of these chickens and I'm hoping these two little ladies look at least something like they should.

Back
Top Bottom