Faverolles Thread

Lost my favorite hen queen Mrs piggy today :(

Rest peacefully, Mrs. Piggy :( I just read your postings on the emergency board. So so sorry for your loss. Did you get the necropsy results? I found that to be helpful but it still hurts. Hugs from California. :(

Hi all!
1f642.png

I would love to get a bunch of Salmon Favorelles (standard) this coming Spring. I'm close to Sandhill Preservation but unsure of their quality and a little concerned about getting straight run. Has anyone gotten Salmon Favorelles from them? Or does anyone know of someone who breeds them? In a perfect world I'd get a bunch of pullets and one roo. And of course, they'd be the lovely cream color I admire!
1f609.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

I had SF from mcmurrays 30 years ago. Big, heavy, beautiful birds. I'm growing Malines, barbezieux, fr.BC Marans, & getting bresse next. SF are on my list, so looking for breeders on West Coast.(Sac valley). Getting away from heavy dual purpose birds to best eating. As a side bar does anyone know what copper eggers are?

Are you sure they are a month old? If so they are really slow to feather. I can't see the second well, but the first could go either way. At this point I would lean towards cockerel. Body/leg feathers will be a better indicator.

Back
Top Bottom