Faverolles Thread

Lucy and Ethel:

They go out with the flock to forage and are, predictably, near the bottom of the pecking order (but it's a peaceful order). Sometimes Lucy and the Polish (yet to be named) fluff up their necks and hop up and down at each other. It's more like a dance off than aggression. :)
Sammie and Crystal are best of friends with all my polishes especially with Perscilla my white polish who is picked on. I noticed too that Sammie my oldest favorelle is the only bird who can go flock to flock with out worry. The large birds whom she was raised with don't bother her or peck her like they do Perscilla. Sammie stands up to everyone. Some times I think she head hen. However pecking order is adjust as Cocky was sent to freezer camp for drawing blood. Anyway.

Sadly, Lucky passed away suddenly on Tuesday. I cried for days...I am actively looking for breeders/those selling LF Salmon Favorelles. I just bought more eggs from the same breeder but I want eggs from a different breeder just in case. I'm in CA.

Your baby is adorable! I hatched 1 out of 14 and she was the most precious thing. But she suddenly passed away after just one week. :(. Where did you buy your eggs?

Hi, do you currently have any eggs for sale? I'm in CA. I wouldn't mind chicks but I can't handle 15. I wouldn't mind a pullet. What would the shipping be for one pullet to CA?

Hi, do you currently have any eggs for sale? I'm in CA. I wouldn't mind chicks but I can't handle 15. I wouldn't mind a pullet. What would the shipping be for one pullet to CA?

You can order as few as three day-olds from Cackle Hatchery but they're currently out of stock. They have the best of the hatchery Salmon Faverolles I've seen, but you'll have to wait until 2017. Meyer has stock and will also ship as few as 3 chicks, but they have a tendency to be darker colored and small. Where in California are you? Dare 2 Dream farms delivers in much of California but is currently out of faverolles as well. They go fast, these fluffy butts! Best of luck and I'm sorry for your loss. :-/

I'm so ****** off! The post office was supposed to hold my box for pick up but instead they delivered it and threw it over the fence! It was Labeled! My poor eggs! Laurel, the seller, packaged it so wonderfully so nothing broke but I can't imagine what it did to the insides of the eggs! Argh!

Back
Top Bottom