Faverolles Thread

Yes. The breeder raises nothing but hundreds of Salmon Faverolles so I totally trust her opinion. She's the one who just sold me the adorable pullets in my previous posting.

Who would make a good "Brooder Bubby" for a Salmon Faverolle? We're getting our 1st. ever chicken flock in SPRING 2017!

Any calm breed works! My faverolle is besties with a sussex and in love with a phoenix rooster. Ameraucanas are good for buddies, brahmas, really anything calm. You can go big or small. Good small breeds would be sultan, phoenix, silkie, etc. Just stay away from Mediterranean breeds and anything dominating or high strung and you'll have a happy mixed flock. I've been looking at favaucanas which could be good, and have green eggs! Have fun! :)

Last edited:
I'm really happy with my pullets. Happy, docile, meek, semi clueless but oh so lovable snuggle bunnies. They follow me around now because I'm the food lady. And they're so freaking cute, the way the run, walk and eat. And they talk a lot! Lol

Any calm breed works! My faverolle is besties with a sussex and in love with a phoenix rooster. Ameraucanas are good for buddies, brahmas, really anything calm. You can go big or small. Good small breeds would be sultan, phoenix, silkie, etc. Just stay away from Mediterranean breeds and anything dominating or high strung and you'll have a happy mixed flock. I've been looking at favaucanas which could be good, and have green eggs! Have fun!
smile.png
Who has favacanas? Just curious. Saw some a few years ago and had hoped to "create" a few myself but didn't pan out.

This is my "black" favorelle. She is Silver Phoenix X Salmon Favorelle. Totally Favorelle in physical characteristics but little smaller and black. She was a fun surprise.

Who has favacanas? Just curious. Saw some a few years ago and had hoped to "create" a few myself but didn't pan out. This is my "black" favorelle. She is Silver Phoenix X Salmon Favorelle. Totally Favorelle in physical characteristics but little smaller and black. She was a fun surprise.
Wow! Lol I thought I was the only one with a Faverolle (female) and Silver Phoenix (male) pair. Too funny. She's a cutie.

Back
Top Bottom