Faverolles Thread

I was going to say they were probably from Ideal Poultry in Texas until I noticed your location. Maybe there is some truth to that rumor.

Hello everyone! I'm wondering if anyone has LF salmon with 5th toes that are completely separate from the 4rth. Some of mine have good placement but are slightly connected to the fourth by webbing. I can post pics of mine if needed for clarification. Thanks for any information you can provide.

I have a bunch with separate 4th and 5th toes, and a few with webbing. One has to look at the overall type of a bird - virtually all will have a fault of some sort. Whether or not to keep/breed an individual will depend on how bad the fault is. I don't consider webbing to be too serious (unless the toes are fused) as long as there are 5 toes.

Hello. I am new to the site and to faverolles. I was hoping for some help. My mom picked up some pullets for me earlier this year from her local feed mill. I asked her to get 3 more. They seemed very dark but I thought maybe it was just variation/bad coloring. Now I am concerned that they gave me 3 roos. Can anyone tell from these pics? Their combs are also much larger than the older pullets.

Attachments

• 20170814_133548.jpg
    20170814_133548.jpg
    763.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20170814_133543.jpg
    20170814_133543.jpg
    997.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20170814_133551.jpg
    20170814_133551.jpg
    652.9 KB · Views: 25
I've never had problems with them. Then again I treat them as livestock and don't hand feed treats or get all timid walking in their pen. The meanest rooster in my whole barn is a silkie....

Thanks. I don't have the heart to cull anything, so if they are reasonable they can stay. I have never had any aggressive bantams roos, but quite a few of the standards I have accidentally received have had to go to free-ranging homes for attacking people (they eventually get taken out by predators unfortunately).

Back
Top Bottom