Faverolles Thread

I have one Salmon Faverolle and she is at the very bottom of the pecking order. She often spends time alone rather than with the rest of her age-mates (5 months). Would it be a good idea to get another SF pullet when I add a few chicks in the spring? Are they likely to hang out together? Or am I just as likely to end up with two loners? I'd like for her to have a buddy and will definitely plan to get another if there is a good chance they'll stick together.

Mine both eventually found a buddy but it took a while. My two didn't hang out in the same part of my shed so they never actually met before I lost the older one in the spring. I don't know if yours would hang out with them or not.

Both of mine didn't seem too unhappy being alone, especially when they got goodies on the sly from me.

In the future I plan on getting at least 4 at a time of see how it goes when there's more than one in the group.

My two were hatched together and are pretty much inseparable. I have one that is a little more independent and one big baby, the baby never looses sight of the other. Rooster used to be part of the mix but those hussy hens got him. You could always try a faverolles buddy for yours, at least you know they won't fight lol! :)

My two were hatched together and are pretty much inseparable. I have one that is a little more independent and one big baby, the baby never looses sight of the other. Rooster used to be part of the mix but those hussy hens got him. You could always try a faverolles buddy for yours, at least you know they won't fight lol! :)

That's the truth! Fling is so docile. I think she'd run from her own shadow! LOL!

Peaceful little birds. Loud, goofy peaceful little birds. I'm getting older and I'm dead serious about making these my entire flock after my other girls pass. The lack of henpecking alone makes them worth it. Sometimes they aren't the smartest things but neither am I lol! :)
That's the truth! Fling is so docile. I think she'd run from her own shadow! LOL!

My Salomon Faverolles laid a egg... Lol. Tiny pullet egg but finally a egg! They are the sweetest birds but nothing a breeder would be proud of. Very timid birds. I love them but I am not going to try and get SOP with these or salmon Faverolles period. It's way beyond my skill. My quad will live out their life here on the homestead but because they are so fearful I won't get more.

My Salomon Faverolles laid a egg... Lol. Tiny pullet egg but finally a egg! They are the sweetest birds but nothing a breeder would be proud of. Very timid birds. I love them but I am not going to try and get SOP with these or salmon Faverolles period. It's way beyond my skill. My quad will live out their life here on the homestead but because they are so fearful I won't get more.
They are adorable under-achievers, but definitely aren't for every flock. Congratulations on the egg.

So I couldn't wait until spring and now have an order of chicks due to arrive next week! :) One of them will be another SF that I'm hoping will be a buddy for Fling. When they are ready to go out to the pen, I plan to separate the new kids from the existing flock, but let them interact through fencing (look don't touch). I'm thinking about adding Fling, my current loner SF, to the new chick group first. That would get her away from the cockerels and make her the "big kid" of the group. Anyone have any experience with that or suggestions of when I can add her to the group of chicks (age of the chicks)?

Back
Top Bottom