Faverolles Thread

Hi everyone! I just found this thread and I'm so excited :D My salmon faverolle is my absolute favorite chicken. She's such a sweetheart! This is Squeak :)

IMG_7487.JPG

Does anyone raise the Fav's for their production qualities? I always admired this breed from reading, as I've no experience with the breed. Seems they equaled the New Hampshire and Delaware in production back in the day, but surpassed them both on flavor and texture.

Have the white ones disappeared?

Honestly im thinking of just having a faverolles flock after my other ladies and gentlemen go to the coop in the sky.These are my first faverolles and I'm amazed at how they are not any trouble! No fighting, no bullying no nothing! Plus the softness is just freaking amazing. The voices take a bit of getting used to but I'm starting to find them comical. I can totally see just a flock of marshmallow chickens in my future.

Question for those of you with experience with faverolles cockrels. Do they ever get a little more "roosterish" or do they squeal and run away forever? My poor little dude runs from everything and I have to go have a heart to heart with him just to get him to rejoin his hatch mates.Now I don't mind conversing with him as it is a two way talk but im going to feel pretty silly doing it with a grown rooster. He's three months old so im not expecting too much out of him but he squeals more than his sisters. He's adorable but he's killing me, never had a little roo need a pep talk. Is it going to get more "normal" or are these just the most sensitive roosters ever made?

Hi,
I was given 5 hatchery Favorolles 6 weeks ago (they were a month old when I got them) She had purchased them as sexed female chicks. Because it was someone I knew I never took them out of the box until I got home. 2/3 had black chests. I assumed they were boys. However at 10 weeks there is no difference what so ever in the combs and wattles (or lack of) between the 2 black chested ones and the girls. I realize hatchery quality birds might not have correct colors. Can someone please just confirm these are indeed all pullets despite the wrong color?
IMG_4550.JPG
IMG_4562.JPG
IMG_4569.JPG
IMG_2575.JPG
IMG_4564.JPG

Back
Top Bottom