Faverolles Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by hcammack, Nov 16, 2009.

1. pfmerlin

pfmerlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2010
    Thanks

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Peter,
    Those are some of the most amazing Faverolles pullets I have ever seen. I can't wait to see what you will do with them throughout the year. Looks like you have a good group to hatch from. Simmie looks like she is producing some amazing pullets especially for being a hen with some years on her. That Lav Split pullet turned out nice too.

Henry

3. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    After seeing those beautiful birds..I am in love all over again with my Salmon Faverolles. Next year, I want to incubate lots of them..

4. comerspoultry

comerspoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2010
    Wapakoneta, Ohio
    Quote:Looks like you have a good bunch to start with. You should have some interesting breedings. Well, we have a major north eastern storm coming in. They said it would start this afternoon but here it is 8:56 in the morning and its starting to snow now, and I have to go into work tonight for 7:30. Hope I can make it. They're predicting about a foot of snow.
    Here is something I've seen in my large hens. In breeding with dark males and light males; in the past I have used light males in a breeding pen where the males were so light they didn't have any red mohogany on top of their saddle feathers. Some of the pullets would be a two tone salmon. What I mean by that is the salmon from the top of her head to where the saddle would begin is a little darker and from the saddle to the tip of the tail is a little lighter. The hens should be an even salmon color from the top of the head to the tip of the tail. I haven't seen this problem in my salmon bantams. In the past I've used lighter salmon bantam males where they still carried some red above their saddles. The pullets would come out fine, some a little darker and some a little lighter but the salmon color was even. Has anyone else noticed this in their past breedings.
    I'm just thinking out loud here and would appreciate any feedback from other breeders.
    Dick

I have had that happen too Dick on the color. Hang in there with the snow

5. faverolles

faverolles Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Douglas,MA
    Quote:Wow Pete, your birds look huge.... can't get over the look of your females......awesome ..great pics.
    Dick

6. pfmerlin

pfmerlin Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  7. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Quote:Those girls are just beautiful Peter!

My birds will be very unhappy with what they find here in the morning. The kids on the other hand can't wait to see what's here come dawn. Hi test eggnog sounds good to me though!

8. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Not to much snow here yet in Maryland only and inch or two hope it isn't too bad up there.

9. Laurieks

Laurieks Where did the time go???

Aug 14, 2009
    Sonoma County, CA
    Quote:Gorgeous!!! [​IMG]
    Quote:What's dub?

Warm thoughts to everyone! It's pouring here [​IMG]

10. hcammack

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Quote:Dubbing is when you cut the comb off to form a kinda flat rose comb looking area. Its is used for more game breeds.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by