Faverolles Thread

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Hi all!!! Take a few days off and what happens??? Hell in a hand basket!! Sheesh!!! Love all the photos and great info in the last 6 pages or so!! Keep it comin!! I know I'm slackin. Gotta get some pics posted myself.

Welcome Johnathan!!
pop.gif
caf.gif
idunno.gif
still waiting on the hens to lay huh?? A watched pot never boils I guess! Can't wait for Keith to be able to get us some!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for the comment Jonathan. Yes, if you can put pictures up on your female Peter and I will gladly comment. To bring up "double mating" again, what got me thinking about doing it with Faverolles is the book by Grant Brereton. "21st Century Poultry Breeding". He mainly talks about wyandottes. But I feel it could also be applied to Faverolles. This book is what got me thinking about applying it to Faverolles. Again as he states it could take you four years to create the separate lines. On page 28 he talks about"Double Mating". If you can get the book get it, I think you will find it very interesting. Plenty of colored pictures.
Dick

Last edited:
Quote:
hit.gif
My favorite up & coming guy (named GQ) just bit my son yesterday (when he caught him to hug)... he is the best son of Fractious Germaine... the above mentioned 'Buffington' Roo.

He's scheduled to go breed hens for someone down the highway, & is supposed to come back after 4 months... she has Marek's survivors & he is not vaccinated... should I let him come back?

No if you do there is a good chance he will bring it back in or something else and you could loose your whole flock. 100% no.

Henry

Then again, he might not come back.
Dick

Quote:
It almost sounds like you have a cockerel line. Years ago Bill Woods and I went to a show. I had put 10 cockerels and 10 pullets in the show. Bill told me I had a cockerel line and at the time I didn't know what he meant. At present I feel I have a pullet line.
Dick

Back
Top Bottom