Faverolles Thread

Quote:
Do I see a Sussex pullet in there? How are they doing? Mine are doing well though the roos have some frostbite on their combs.

Quote:
Are your girls young? Most of mine are somewhat older so maybe their eggshells aren't as thick, so I'm not having the same problem? I can't think of anything else.

Quote:
Do I see a Sussex pullet in there? How are they doing? Mine are doing well though the roos have some frostbite on their combs.

I just have two sussex left.Both light. I know what you mean about frostbite, all my males have it. Not good.
Dick

Quote:
Thanks Pete,
The wing carriage on our bantams is a tough one. I like to see them horizontal. My personal opinion, its the skeletal structure of our bantams. And I also see it in our large Faverolles. The wings should be short or should I say look short. If you have this look I can almost guarantee you
the bird will be very wide in the front. When I went to the Congress show I was looking at the bantams that were there, you know me and my experiments, HA. The only breed that I saw with the wing carriage that I was looking for was the cornish. I was thinking of crossing a white cornish to my white bantams. But the white cornish is a different white, Id white. I believe that would create more problems for me. I don't have enough time in my life to pursue it.HA. But in the large....the sussex has what I'm looking for. I might try a small experiment with them. This is why I'm anxious to see how Cindy does with the large ermine she's creating. This is why I was planning on going to a hatchery to see if the birds would carry the old body structure of our Faverolles. Granted there would be other problems there but at least we would be working with the same breed.
Dick

OH GREAT!!!!! Was just going out to feed the birds and its starting to snow AGAIN. It wasn't suppose to start till around 4-5 o'clock. Could get another 12 inches. I don't know where I'm going to put this crap.
Dick

Back
Top Bottom