Faverolles Thread

I SWEAR by 'em. They ARE on sale, usually $30.
thumbsup.gif

Well, here we go again. Snowing like crazy out right now. We're suppose to get 4 to 8 inches this afternoon into the evening then 8 to 12 inches later tonight. This has got to end some time. I'm a little worried about my coops, they're really old. I hope they can take the weight. My plans for this weekend.....HA, shovel the snow off my roof and then shovel the snow off my yard on the road coop. I have a wired yard on the road coop that is 24 feet by 48 feet. I need to get the snow off of it, that should be gangs of fun. One section doesn't look to good right now. I'm a little worried. Did move a few birds around yesterday. I'm trying to get breeding pens together. HA
Dick

All chicken pen building plans are put on hold because of the snow in northeast Indiana. So to keep everyone excited about hatching this season here is a pen of our faverolle breeders. We have another pen with the same number of females and the male I posted a few pages back. Dad and I just got the lights on all of our breeding pens this past weekend.
76732_favbreedpen.jpg

They do pretty well except for the beards. When they get wet and stay cold they look like crap. Mine don't have quite the beards that Peter's do but they are pretty good. You can tell in the pic. The males you have to always watch to make sure you put something on their combs to keep them from freezing. We usually use vasoline on the birds that we may show again as Cock birds.

Quote:
I hear ya. I don't dare take pics of my girls right now! Ugh! I like that female all the way to the left though! Her beard looks like a growth!!
thumbsup.gif
gig.gif

Thank god the sleet is overwith. That is mostly what we got. No freezing rain. Didn't lose electricity either. With all of the eggs I have in the incubator, I had my fingers crossed we wouldn't lose it. Hoping this weather straightens up, so I can go to Georgia on Friday for a show.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom