Faverolles Thread

Quote:
clap.gif
thumbsup.gif

I got a trio out at the APA national in shawnee. The hen is pretty good bit I'm going to try to het another male and female. I got them from Robert vaughn. He had a few males there that were awesome. His cock bird probably would have one American in my opinion but his primaries were all broken.
Do you still have yours?

I had never heard of her before but found her website through the club. She looked to have some good ones and a whole lot of them.

The males cover them pretty well. It's by no means 100% fertility. We will see here soon how fertile they are this year. We put the lights on the second pen over the weekend. We were consistently getting 4 eggs a day out of 7. Yesterday they were up to 6.
smile.png
If we start setting again next week we should have some nice young ones to show at crossroads.

Quote:
Jonathan, nice group of birds. Looks like its raining hear right now. Not going to work tonight. Got to get snow off the coops. Hopefully everything stays standing.
Dick

Quote:
Boy, do I hope he's right. I'm using so much time trying to keep my place in one piece that I'm not spending the time I really want to spend with my birds. Still trying to get my breeding pens together, have to purge more birds, but that's going to take time to go over them all. The reason I keep so many birds over the winter is because I don't know what's going to happen. My problem is mainly predators. The only predators that did go over the fence were raccoons and fisher cats. Fisher cats will hit me once and leave, they cover a huge territory. Raccoons will keep coming back till they can kill everything you have. You have to get them as soon as you can. I have a radio in the coop that has worked well for me, keeping raccoons away. Fisher cats is an other story, they're not afraid of the radio. Foxes, so far have not gone over the fence,but the snow is getting deep and the fence is getting shorter. Coyotes, so far they haven't bothered me.....so far. Hawks are another issue.
Dick

Back
Top Bottom