Faverolles Thread

Just going through some of the pictures I took at Crossroads......

31282_dscf6822.jpg

31282_dscf6808.jpg

31282_dscf6805.jpg

31282_dscf6806.jpg

First and third pictures are the cockerel I had with my young trio. 2nd is the cockerel that took bb/bv Owen by Rose Isgrig. My cockerel took 2nd in the cockerel class of nine. I was really excited about this. 4th pic is Leisha's gorgeous pullet that decided that judging time was also egg laying time and I think was what caused her to get RB/RV. Thanks Kathy for posting!!

This is my favorite of the pullets I'm growing out! :)
50264_676091415_2417535543_0.jpeg

Her beard has a little bit of smut in it, but otherwise she is great!

The birds at crossroads look amazing! Good job!

WOW! Kassandra...I just read about your barn and babies! That is just terrible! I feel so bad for you
sad.png
hugs.gif

congrats on your wins tho... Nice boys!

Leisha...she's a purty girl!
wink.png
They should give an extra award for laying an egg for the judge. "I am purty AND productive"

I wondered after I saw some of the Favs that won at Crossroads, why did the large fowl cocks that won have brown breasts? I thought the standard for Fav. males calls for a black breast? Wish I had some pictures of them. Buffbeauty saw them, too. Maybe she has a pictures.

Quote:
the LF that won did have a black breast. It was the bantam that had brown in his beard and chest. It is supposed to be black

From what I can see of the pics one should always keep in mind that characteristics play MORE than color. The toes on Rose's male are exemplary as to what the standard calls for. The other two do not have toes that are in my opinion to what the standard calls for. I also don't see the fullness of beard that the BB has. When I see present day btms of any variety they just don't have the beards they used to and are far too thin for my preference or what is referenced in the standard, which calls for FULL. Can't see enough of the pullet to really judge but my personal opinion is that she lacks salmon on her head which should go all the way to the front of the eyebrow. I wouldn't take that as a personal affront Leisha I have some that don't have it all the way to the brow also. Which dear I'd appreciate you answering my return pm as to who judged it.....
Peter

One thing I've noticed at the last few shows I've attended, in the bantams...vulture hocks, heavy feathering on the feet, and diminishing of the beards on the females. Not just one or two birds..it has been in every show I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom