Faverolles Thread

Thank you for answering. I hope both Cochins are girls. It's going to be sad to let the male SF go. Maybe the feed store will take him back. Is it to late to add another chick to the group?
I would try it especially since the feed store may have some that are close in age. I have intergraded several ages together as long as they are fairly close.

I did as you said and checked with the feed store and no luck. But I did find someone to take the cockerel SF
wee.gif
, now I'm looking for one or two, 0-3 weeks old Salmon Faverolle pullets. Does anyone know where I can find one in the Southwest Washington area? They don't have to be breeders quality, I just want them for pets and eggs. I live in Vancouver and don't mind going any where within an hour or so drive.
smile.png

I did as you said and checked with the feed store and no luck. But I did find someone to take the cockerel SF
wee.gif
, now I'm looking for one or two, 0-3 weeks old Salmon Faverolle pullets. Does anyone know where I can find one in the Southwest Washington area? They don't have to be breeders quality, I just want them for pets and eggs. I live in Vancouver and don't mind going any where within an hour or so drive.
smile.png

You mean a chick like this?!
ya.gif

This is the only one so far...the girls are still on the nest. This is the one I found last night laying on it's side, shivering. I stuck it back in the nest and it made a miraculous recovery. - Note the fuzzy leg in last pic
big_smile.png
Of course, at this stage I have no idea what it is.... I'm near Olympia, if you have a good reason to come up this way
wink.png

Congrats. I am happy the little one made it. I have not had very much luck with broodies so far this year. I hope I have a broody Fav someday.
fl.gif

I've got some broodies you can borrow! - All 3 of my Fr. Marans/Amer crosses are brooding, 2 Fr. Marans pullets and 1 hatchery Fav hen I bought early last year... I went from getting a dozen eggs a day to getting about 3!

Some of the girls are sitting on eggs that won't hatch, so I decided to let one of the boys out today. If the girls are gonna sit, they might as well sit on something that'll hatch!

Hello, I wanted to get a few opinions on a blue faverolle cockeral that I hatched out he is about twelve weeks now. I also have a few pullets but it was to dark by the time I got to them for pictures.

Thanks so much! Kristen

I've got some broodies you can borrow! - All 3 of my Fr. Marans/Amer crosses are brooding, 2 Fr. Marans pullets and 1 hatchery Fav hen I bought early last year... I went from getting a dozen eggs a day to getting about 3!

Some of the girls are sitting on eggs that won't hatch, so I decided to let one of the boys out today. If the girls are gonna sit, they might as well sit on something that'll hatch!

I have to correct myself, the SF hen that's currently brooding 1 healthy chick is not a hatchery hen. I've tried to leave them in peace, so I didn't get a good look at her until late today.... It's one of the pullets I got from PiperOmar
celebrate.gif
last Memorial Day. So now I know I have one good quality SF pullet that has broodiness in her genetic makeup!
ya.gif
I need some carbon copies of that!

Back
Top Bottom