Faverolles Thread

http://www.forvo.com/word/faverolles-lès-lucey/

If you play the link for how to pronounce it they do say fav-or-roll, though its soft enough of a a 'roll' to be 'rel.'
[/quote

It's French... My French teacher always told us the only consonants you pronounced in French are the ones in the word 'careful'. 'S' is not there... Now that is a general rule but is no always true. Kind of like 'i' before 'e' except after 'c'. Generally but not always.

Eta - except the first letter of the word of course! :oops:

Last edited:
(This is Cloverleaf, just to lazy to log off of my son's account LOL)

No, the bantams are quite similar to the LF. ;)

Thanks for your response.

I simply adore the salmon faverolles personality... And am planning on what to buy for next year.

I have decided I will have some breeder quality Faverolles, but the kids are voting for the bantams, not the LF.

I was thinking maybe seeing what breeder had the LF with closer to large size eggs (the ones I had before were not very good layers, and laid medium sized eggs).

But I haven't decided yet. I do know that I want to switch from always getting hatchery chicks, to breeding my own quality birds. But now I have to pick just a few breeds that I will work with.

I think I will end up with the bantam........

OK, rambling, thinking out loud. I Love all the Faverolles pictures you'll have been posting, total drool city!

Oh! I should have asked....just how tiny are Faverolles bantams, and how small are their eggs?

My d'uccels (I didn't spell that right did I?) are the smallest bantams i have had with super tiny little eggs. The bantam Cochins I had were much bigger, and had what I consider a 'standard' sized bantam egg.

What do you look for when picking faverolles to show and breed? Needing some advice on what birds I should take to the fair I can try and get some individual pics of each bird if you want

Pictures would make it easiest. :)

Otherwise...where is the breed standard? I don't have it bookmarked, but I am sure you cold find it.

Back
Top Bottom