Faverolles Thread

But... CAN the dust cause the eye to weep?

Not that I know of... Sure wish that was the problem!!

My flock when I fisrt got them refused to roost in the coop. They stayed in the run and we had some major rain storms a couple of those nights. So not only were they out in the bad weather but the run was very wrt for days so they were slopping around in mud... If there is something in the soil that I don't know about...

Probably goin to have to cull one and get it tested. The roo is getting better. I've been using essential oils on him... As a test. Still probably need to find the cause so no one else gets infected.

There have been a lot of MG and IC cases this year. I am amazed at how many places I am hearing about it. Good luck.

Now... I am about to turn traitor... sortof. I am a self avowed lover of Favs. They are one of the sweetest, gentlest and certainly loveliest of chickens with those muffs and beards and feathered shanks and unique coloration.... well, um, they have been deposed here by a bird that has muffs, beards, feathered shanks/toes AND crests. Forgive me for my lack of loyalty here but the Sultan has stolen my heart, at least temporarily while they are chicks. Now I need to have more Favs and my barnyard will be full of feathered pleasure lol

I have a question for you faverolle experts, I have a salmon faverolle that was sold to me as a roo. This is a hatchery chick, I'm sure the colors are far from the standard, but this one is starting to look more and more like a pullet to me (call it wishful thinking).

I don't know how old it is, possible hatch dates are either March 25th or May 13th.

June 30th

August 31st

August 31st

What do you think?

Last edited:
I would say you have a pullet there. I do not see any pointy saddle or hackle feathers. She is very interesting looking. What a color combo.
wink.png

Not that I know of... Sure wish that was the problem!!

My flock when I fisrt got them refused to roost in the coop. They stayed in the run and we had some major rain storms a couple of those nights. So not only were they out in the bad weather but the run was very wrt for days so they were slopping around in mud... If there is something in the soil that I don't know about...

Probably goin to have to cull one and get it tested. The roo is getting better. I've been using essential oils on him... As a test. Still probably need to find the cause so no one else gets infected.
Have been wondering why you can't just take a q tip and swab their throat for a fluid culture to find out if it is an ok sickness or a not ok ......???? eliz

Back
Top Bottom