Faverolles Thread

At the NJ State 4H poultry show on September 7th there were about 160 birds being shown and i got Reserve Champion Bantam and Reserve Super Grand Champion of the Show with my Salmon Faverolles Cock and Champion Trio with a Salmon Faverolles trio i was showing!!! I will try and post a pic of him this week!

I snapped a pic of my pullet Honey yesterday. I guess she was shocked that I took pictures of her preening! LOL! I thought it was cute and figured I'd share

Well guys!
One of my faverolles started squatting yesterday so I don't think eggs will be too far off!

BUT, I guess this also means that they are bantams as they're about the same size (and lighter) as my silkie x light sussex who is pretty small. DARN, I was really hoping for big fluffy birds and wouldn't have traveled so far for bantams.

Oh well, I will love them no less!

Hey, if they are bantams at least you will not loose your shoulder bird!
wink.png

That is very true! :D One of the others started jumping on my shoulder but she tries to get the plugs and studs out of my ears so I've had to stop her sitting up there now, I thought once she realised she couldn't eat them she would stop - but it just made her more determined and it got pretty painful! LOL, chickens eh?

Yes that's a salmon Faverolle cockerel. And they are generally very docile, sweet birds, but you never know how roosters will react to young children. With very small kids, it's always a different ballgame, they move very differently than adults, for one, and they don't know how to interpret animal body language. Also, any rooster can mistake a child's exuberance around their hens as a threat.
I wish I had better advice, but I don't think that having kids under 6 or 7 around large fowl roosters is advisable, though people do it successfully all the time. ... ;)

Thanks for that.. So other than that you would recommended a Fav cock?

I just had a faberolle chick hatch out last Wednesday, and I was wondering if yous could tell me what you think it may be. Sorry for the three pictures coming, but I am doing this from my cell phone

Back
Top Bottom